What car?

poz

Hi Chaps

Thinking of buying a cheap 2nd vehicle (we're a one car, 1 scooter, 1 Blackbird :P family) and the missus 'n' littl'un always get the car, so was wondering if anyone reckons they have or know of, the perfect paramotor shifting vehicle.

Not bothered about pretty, just that it is majorly practical and can swallow a PAP Ros 125 (1400) whole. Anyone use a Fiat Doblo or similar. Got about £2k to spend.

PS. Anyone want to buy an immac, fully Givi loaded, loved but not used 2005 Blackbird with 6k on the clock (£4300 ovno)? :cry::cry:

Cheers

Dan

Edited by Guest

Before it got rear ended in the last lot of snow I drove an old Citroen C15 van which would take the parajet without having to take the cage apart.

Accurately fits your description as it's not pretty but is majorly practical and cheap (especially at 40 mpg) and if you have a bulkhead and blanked out windows it keeps theiving eyes off of your flying gear.

If you're in Spain they're quite plentiful too! You should be able to get a good one for £2k

(Although I do like the Delica recommendation as well!)

Ian.

I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe cdx7+, not a proper off roader but selectable 4x4 and with snow tyres you would not believe how many cars and Land Rovers I've had to bail out. The lowest Co2 figure of any large 4x4. 44mpg on mway 35mpg round town, even has built in tv/dvd plus 5yr unlimited mileage warranty although I like the look of the new Kia with 7yr warranty.

A H&E R120/99 can fit into a Renault Kangoo Trekka without taking the cage off... For the 115cm prop version you'll need to take the cage off.

The Trekka (4X4) is great for those muddy fields and for snow!!!

45mpg is pretty economical too- it's shifts from 2wd to 4wd automatically when the front wheels loose traction.

GD

Thanks Shaggydec, Ian and Alan for getting back to me, I appreciate your advice.

Think it's going to be a Berlingo or Doblo.

Not sure about the Mits. Not too many around.

Cheers

Dan

Poz, I have had a couple of berlingos in the past, now got a transit connect, if you go for a berlingo try and get the 1.5 model with the common rail diesel engine, goes like stick and is better on fuel than the 1.9