New from memory map!! Awesome!

New from Memory map

We've been hard at work to develop a GPS that is the ideal companion to our Memory-Map software used by walkers, cyclists, boat owners and even pilots. The new Adventurer 2800 ticks all the boxes, including:

Pre-loaded Ordnance Survey mapping of a selection of Britain's National Parks making it ready to use straight from the box

Laods any of your existing Memory-Map V5 maps* so no need to buy new map SD cards

Plus 10,000 km2 Digital Map Shop for extra Landranger maps from anywhere in Great Britain

2GB microSD card with Britain's National Parks pre-loaded plus room for additiona map storage

You're using your Memory-Map PC software for route planning and map printing. So now why not take your maps with you, see your GPS position and navigate safely with the Adventurer 2800. You can also review your tracklogs on your PC when you get home!

At just £250, this makes this the most cost effective unit on the market.

The Adventurer 2800 will be available from early November at all leading outdoor retailers. However, you can see it first at next week's Earls Court Cycle Show (stand C15).

Thanks Simon !

I have been comparing various GPS offerings that might be suitable for PPG. But this one certainly looks really interesting

Here is a YouTube marketing clip:

[youtubevideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D94DrqiGoU[/youtubevideo]

And here is the link to the product website where you can download a PDF brochure: Memory Map Adventurer 2800

It will be interesting to see what the reviews make of :

(1) satellite reception

(2) screen refresh

(3) battery life

Which are key areas that have hampered similar OS based GPS products such as the Satmap Active 10...

Andy

Possibly, it was advised that they took a back-up as the ViewRanger platform is on a mobile phone and it was not known what the coverage would be like in certain areas. Would not have been good if they lost tracking over the mountains... :shock:

They definately used this software as it supplied the live tracking on the website... The feedback was very positive from the team on all accounts....

i have just bought a 'bog standard' sat nav (£30 new on ebay), you can then install memory map aviation charts (or whatever else). It lets you plot routes, mark waypoints and has both 1:250 000 and when you zoom out it goes to 1:500 000. Its a moving map for peanuts!

its a navigo like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Navigo- ... 1812wt_876

you will need to load the memory maps on to it, but if you know someone who has them........

ill get some pics up later

Hi bignos - I would be really interested to hear how straightforward you found this process, as I have come across a number of forums discussing some of the known problems with hacking the Navigo to load Memory-Maps

eg. Navigo GPS Tips&Hacks: Installing Memory-Map v5.4

Thanks,

Andy

hi, i watched the listings and bidded on another one, that was brand new in the box, but unwanted and got it for £30

this one might be worth a bid?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAT-NAV-NAVIGO-6_ ... 678wt_1167

should go cheap, who needs voice guidance in the air!

Just got the above for £26, +£6 P+P. Worth a risk. Apparantly it can take tom tom software to.

Whitters. :wingover:

..Just got the above for £26, +£6 P+P. Worth a risk. Apparantly it can take tom tom software to.

Whitters. :wingover:

Great price Whitters !

Please keep us posted on how you get on with loading software (Memory-Map and/or TomTom) onto it.

Andy

I bought the V2 and have put tomtom 6 on it (tomtom cost £00) :D:D:D

Airmaps?

SW :D

My brother inlaw sent me a link to a site that provides overlay airspace which after downloading WinRar I have been able to save the files onto an SD card which should work when I get the unit.

Apparantly the only down side is that it takes about five mins to load when switching on. No problem just switch on when getting ready. You can segment the areas on the SD card which will avoid the start up delay.

I will let you know how I get on.

I bought the V2 and have put tomtom 6 on it (tomtom cost £00) :D:D:D

Pete, can I ask where I can get a legal free copy of TomTom? Or is it that you were fortunate enough to already have an unused copy to hand?

Phil

I bought a copy when I went to France on the instructors training course which I used on my pda (which is now u/s) I took the sd card out and they worked on the Navigo :D

Result.

I thought I was stuck with turbodog 5 which comes on the Navigo (not very good)

You only get what you pay for and you pay for what you use

Sorry for the delay guys, sounds like your over complicating things!

When you load the TOM TOM you have to do some complicated registration stuff, the air charts however go straight on. just drag and drop the card onto the sd card, then open select the map on the sat nav by going to 'navigation' then 'memory map' then choose your map (i have airport info, all 1:500 and 1:250 maps plus o/s ans sat so the list is longer) - hey presto moving map navigation!

you can plot routes on the desktop or the unit, plus lots of other stuff, on my unit i have the route and if you click 'menu', 'gps', 'position' you also get a readout of time, speed etc!

You can also swap to a satellite view on the unit if thats of interest?!

the bottom image shows a track (you can zoom in) and where it says 'no signal' can be moved around and shows speed etc.

A really great feature when using the memory map software is the ability to fly the route (in 3d!)

Image0168.jpg.e0b9ee593d672dee4c98c5a472

Image0167.jpg.9a9dbd8f9cc6f2624783d56996

Image0166.jpg.254431e584397ab044d51bc6a5

Image0165.jpg.9a96df052530a9e21a3cd4085f

Image0164.jpg.06f7d8c454605beec75fccd100

Sorry for the delay guys, sounds like your over complicating things!

When you load the TOM TOM you have to do some complicated registration stuff, the air charts however go straight on. just drag and drop the card onto the sd card, then open select the map on the sat nav by going to 'navigation' then 'memory map' then choose your map (i have airport info, all 1:500 and 1:250 maps plus o/s ans sat so the list is longer) - hey presto moving map navigation!

you can plot routes on the desktop or the unit, plus lots of other stuff, on my unit i have the route and if you click 'menu', 'gps', 'position' you also get a readout of time, speed etc!

You can also swap to a satellite view on the unit if thats of interest?!

the bottom image shows a track (you can zoom in) and where it says 'no signal' can be moved around and shows speed etc.

A really great feature when using the memory map software is the ability to fly the route (in 3d!)

Have you hacked the navigo ?

how and where did you put mem/map and what vertion is it as I cannot get it to open from the sd card???????????????????????