Paramotor frames

learner_driver

Hi Hedge bender,

thanks for that link. I was only really interested perhaps in the frame maybe in the future. As I am now the hopefully happy owner of a secondhand SMN 122.

I have started it up it sounds lovely. I will hopefully fly tomorrow, just need to swap my harness. I now have a 1.5 year old Parajet for sale if anyone fancies 15hrs. please see the classifieds.

I thought these links may help others

cheers simon

Good choice of power plant Simon. The wing technology is outstripping the motors leading to people choosing a power plant they later regret. The motor technology just cannot match the pace at which the wings keep changing. No fault lies with the engines, but you cannot keep wringing the motor's nuts off to maintain level flight. Unless of course, it's a Honda C90 (remember them?).

Yes, the way to go is purchase a frame, put your own power plant in and customise it to your needs. It may not look pretty, but you will enjoy it even more.

The price of paramotors now is a joke IMO. I'd sooner go out and buy a small car or a Honds C90, or a boat or a..........?

kev

hi, simon, thanks for them links! im after a frame also, as we discussed, i contacted the first one you sent the link for, but they have not replied!! if you are going to upgrade your frame i would buy it back?! lol it seems like a minefield and i dont have a metal detector!

Anyone else offer me any advice on buying a better frame than my walkerjet?! i need a better harness and the walkerjet only comes with a large with no other options (im a lardy bloke). The sup air harness looks good, is it or is there better?

Hi Bignose,

thanks for the motor some kind chap called Geoff from Paramotorsuk swapped me an extra large harness which was new and I flew tonight. conditions were stunning smooth as silk

:acro:

motor worked well and had me up in no time. I can't wait for the extra 10 kg thrust from the 130.

I will keep the cage mine flies in, but good luck, sourcing one

Simon

• 3 years later...
hi, simon, thanks for them links! im after a frame also, as we discussed, i contacted the first one you sent the link for, but they have not replied!! if you are going to upgrade your frame i would buy it back?! lol it seems like a minefield and i dont have a metal detector!

Anyone else offer me any advice on buying a better frame than my walkerjet?! i need a better harness and the walkerjet only comes with a large with no other options (im a lardy bloke). The sup air harness looks good, is it or is there better?

Just buy a cheap metal detector or rent a metal detector.

Edited by Guest