Yes Dan it remained windy until around 8ish when it became a reasonably comfortable launch. The direction was pretty much on but just slightly north.

Four of us got airbourne and a bout of gale hanging ensued. Simon launched his mothership and it had to be said that it has quite a good pace once it gets airbourne.

Gary got his second flight and promptly disappeared into the downwind distance and we thought it was unlikely he would be seen again. To our astonishment he fought his way back upwind do land about 50' short of the hill top in the rape field. No damage done and a great flight.

I managed to get over to the jellyfish and more to the point get back again. A great hours flight in strong conditions.

Cheers

One word chaps - WIND :( - looks like a bit of a blowy one

I have to admit, I did think it was going to be too windy but was soon gutted that my Fusion is still offline when others were hanging (in VERY laminar air)

it was windy but smooth as you like.

SW :D

I too thought that it was unlikely that I would return to the field with out some help from you guys. Can’t believe I managed to eventually get back on my own! Was a very bumpy ride, the buzz was amazing and I have learned so so much from that experience. Not the most dignified take off and lading but it’s all a learning curve! Cant wait to get in the air again, just in a little less wind :D

I too thought that it was unlikely that I would return to the field with out some help from you guys. Can’t believe I managed to eventually get back on my own! Was a very bumpy ride, the buzz was amazing and I have learned so so much from that experience. Not the most dignified take off and lading but it’s all a learning curve! Cant wait to get in the air again, just in a little less wind :D

Nothing wrong with your take off mate, didnt see the landing as I had to get home.

Pete b

prop spinning wing held off the prop by the crop

Great idea - us newbies can just land in the crop each time :)

Seriously, nothing wrong with the take off, but you certainly did do a fast fly-by on your way to Swindon.

Sorry, missed your landing, but I did see you flying over the Ridgeway while driving home. Look very slow, but still penetrating the wind.

I've put the unedited footage for interested parties to download. To be honest only the guys that flew on the wednesday are likely to be interested, Gary, Colin and Simon.

If all has gone well then just right click on the link and 'save as target' or 'save as source' or whatever your operating system prompts. They are .mov format.

http://www.cageuk.co.uk/video/Gary.mov

http://www.cageuk.co.uk/video/Colin.mov

http://www.cageuk.co.uk/video/Simon.mov

If it doesn't work or if you want a different format then let me know.

cheers

Mark