Mandatory service bulletins

After the problem with my exhaust on my atom 80, i checked the vittorazi website only to find the engine has 2 mandatory service bulletins,and got me thinking if the service bulletins are mandatory should vittorazi NOT be contacting all dealers/owners of said engines with the upgrades needed to bring engine back to the serviceable level they deem to be right??, As it states the new parts must be fitted before the next flight.

There are four bulletins for the Atom 80, mainly for pre '20 models, as the MY20s have had the work corrected.

1. Exhaust mounting plate needs changing. New one is thicker and has slightly different geometry. There were some instances of thinner plate snapping. (This is the "mandatory" one for pre MY20 models)

2. Pulse line change, to help older models high rev range fueling in cold higher humidity conditions. (Mandatory for models with internal pulse line, though I know of instances where problem hasn't manifested itself. In my case though it was a right PITA, and I went whole hog and had MY20 carb fitted)

3. Notice that storing the engine flat could result in small oil seepage from gearbox vent hole. Just wipe any away and top up if needed.

4. Notice of possible oil leakage from muffler joint due surfaces not aligned properly. More noticeable in low hours due to richer mixture while running in.

• Like 1

I haven't had any issues with throttling as yet touch wood,but I would like the improved exhaust mounting mod, as I have read of a pilot that had complete bracket failure which caused the exhaust to swing down and impact his prop in flight, luckily he was able to make a safe landing.

All of the dealers were told and given upgrade kits for those mods. 

Everyone who got a machine from us and needs the upgrade has had it and or its sat in my garage :-)

Vitto are the ONLY company I have ever known in out industry to issue a t.s.b which is of course a good thing. :-)

Contact your dealer and he/she will send the parts for the upgrade FOC.

SW :D

• Like 1