The post attack PMC.

Hi All, 

The last 24 hours has been rather exciting for me as I am sure you can guess. Overall I am in a very positive mood. 

A few things for you to know are: 

1. We do not store ANY bank details ANYWHERE. Our only method of payment has always only ever been Paypal for this very reason. I can assure you with 100% confidence that your details are safe. 

2. The site structure was never compromised. Everything still works as normal. 

3. We have added a 2 factor Authentication to the admin area which means my phone would need to be cloned every 30 seconds to stand even the slightest chance of accessing the admin area. 

4. The plan (of course) is to come back stronger!! :-) This is nowhere close to being the thing that finishes of the Paramotor Club. 

As you will have all noticed, ALL of the subscriptions for the VIP members have been cancelled. This is of course has the potential to cause issues in the longer term for events and such, and in the short term with things like the hosting billing and web site costs which I can cover. 

I will of course be asking everyone to re-subscribe (which anyone who is keen to help can do using the link below from now) Those that have recently subscribed, please still resubscribe and then if wanted please contact me for a refund for any outstanding months you have / had left. 

It's a little bit messy, but hopefully with enough support we will be back to normal sooner rather than later! :)

Regarding the events: 

We have come up with a super cool idea which works well even during the restrictions. The plan is to come up with a couple more (although not sure how we will be able to better the current plan!!) but then run the events annually (as well as the fly-ins of course) More soon! 

Here is the link that I am sure you are all familiar with for the VIP membership. Thanks in advance to all who do :-)

Many thanks everyone!! 

SW :D

Hi Simon really sorry to hear you've been having problems. I've done the resubscribe, just to let you know I membership had been renewed on 14 Jun 2020  so I had about 10 months to go

Looking forward to seeing you at the next flyin all the very best jez

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update..

A small team from the Cyber Crime unit are currently gathering evidence against the suspect. This has been ongoing for the last couple of weeks and may take a couple more.

I have been advised that the next time I hear from the Police it will be to let me know they have made an arrest :-)

Any one of you are able to contact the Cyber Crime unit number that I have if you have concerns about either me, or the security of the website. :-) Let me know if you want his number and the reference.

For me it's just great to be able to see that everyone is continuing to use the PMC site and pester me about events!!! :-) I am so happy that essentially, nothing has changed the awesome community vibe we have here. :-) 

More as it comes in. 

SW :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1