Tips FOR Paramotor Student Pilots.

If something, anything, doesn't feel right then don't fly. There is always tomorrow when you make the right decision.

I have not flown due to not feeling 'up to it', more a mental state than physical at the time.

Have cried off a few times thinking the weather could have been 'iffy'. Much prefer calm smooth conditions because you enjoy it more.

:)

• Upvote 2

When you are gliding in to land, look at the ground. There is a point in front of you that isn't moving. The ground past this point appears to be moving AWAY from you; the ground before this point appears to be moving TOWARDS you. The point that isn't moving is where you will land if you do not change your glide. 

• Upvote 2

That ain't a good thing to do Andre ' not for a low air time newbie that is 'so easy to lose depth  perception and your vision Is  full of grass with no horizon you end up flaring way to late . I find you have to look in front or to the side on the way in a couple times .and not the ground rushing under your feet .    Hope this makes sense.     Probably not .

cas 

11 hours ago, cas_whitmore said:

See what you mean Simon  . I was was seeing from a first landing ' no comm's there's awful lot to think about without finding a bit of ground that ain't moving .  But your right...... Don't get fixated with ground coming up under your feet . 

Cas ,. 

@cas_whitmore

As Simon said, this is a principle that is taught in all forms of aviation, from powered fixed-wing aircraft to paragliding. It helps students understand that if the perimeter fence of the airfield is moving away from them, then they aren't going to make it (without power). I'm not suggesting this should be 'practiced' on a first flight though, but after a few flights - when you wish to improve your accuracy. I did say look at the 'ground', but perhaps I wasn't clear enough... 

When you are gliding in to land, look at the ground (ahead of you - not directly down). There is a point in front of you that isn't moving. The ground past this point appears to be moving AWAY from you; the ground before this point appears to be moving TOWARDS you. The point that isn't moving is where you will land if you do not change your glide. 

Blue Skies. ?