unable to contact Bailey

goode400

I suppose the other questions would be, are you as mechanically astute as Paul or his in house crew?

can you answer the same questions?

Would people even expect you to be able too?

SW :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i bought it from Ariel so for any suspension work i go direct to Ariel But when if i have engine trouble i don't call Mr Honda... I go to Ariel or my local Honda dealer..

Simon if paul spent his time answering the phones and emails all day no one would get any engines... Then all his customers would be complaining they weren't getting there Paramotors.. Catch 22

Bailey Has a huge customer base and a very large waiting list...

Most of the stupid questions on here could have been answered by there local dealer in a simple phone call rather than Moaning on a forum.. Im sure if you bought your machine from your local dealer he would inquire about your machine and you would have your answer in hours rather than waiting for days for a reply...

It's a free world and people can choose what they like... if you don't like the fact Bailey don't answer the phone then don't buy one!!

I don't care what people buy but i know all the bailey's i've sold have never blown up!! I have probably close too 700 hours on Bailey's and only ever had one go pop on me a V3.. and it was fully rebuilt with in 3-weeks and is still flying today..

I don't think Paramotor manufactures should sell direct to the public :wink:

I would like to think i could answer most technical questions my customers have.. If it was anything serious with the engine it would have to go back for inspection as paul likes to know what went wrong..

I think all dealers should be able to answer most technical question there customers have...

Do the Parajet crew know all technical details about all the engines they sell ?? I doubt it!!!

Morgy 'Parajet only bolt engines onto chassis' !! Seriously c'mon! Yes they don't make bother to make a paramotor engine of their own any more (but we know they're more into aircraft engine design and manufacture than ever before) but I think you've painted them unfairly there. They have massive engineering capacity and credibility. Did they not design the worlds first 100% CNC paramotor recently copied by Bailey....

Use the App.

I would like to think i could answer most technical questions my customers have.. If it was anything serious with the engine it would have to go back for inspection as paul likes to know what went wrong..

I think all dealers should be able to answer most technical question there customers have...

Do the Parajet crew know all technical details about all the engines they sell ?? I doubt it!!!

Dear me....

I give up..

you win, your the best Bailey are the best and there are no issues with any of the people in this post. It's just us. :-)

whats your problem ... you asked a question i answered it.. Simon.. :wink:

Adves Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way.. Parajets machines are great and have been copied many times over but they do just bolt on other peoples engines now.. even tho they make other engines for what ever top secret squirrel military projects.. :wink:

they have a large work force CNC machinist office staff etc etc.. Bailey Now has two staff so your not going to gett he same fast service..

Clearly there is no problem

As I said, I give up. If you can't accept the issue what's the point in continuing a tit for tat.

People can decide when they need the support and continue to post the findings on forums like this.

your taking my comments out of context adves

Simon ask if i can answer all technical questions same as Baileys staff... NO but i like to think i could answer most. If i don't know i will call Bailey on his mobile and get that answer!!

Same as Parajet couldn't answer "ALL" technical questions about the internals of a 200 evo or 250 but they would find out for you...

Blimey! :shock: Bailey, rightly or wrongly are taking a knock to their reputation. Not good for business. I'm going to jump in on this one and I will probably regret it. Here goes:

I am a customer for many things, (not yet PJ or Bailey) and good service is what I want and what will keep me as a loyal customer. If I phone a manufacturer who is not able to provide a customer response let alone service (for whatever reason) I would expect to be directed by, say a recorded message on the unanswered line, to direct me to, say a web site where I can find my nearest dealer. I might find this redirection a tad irritating but I'd be happy to get to the appropriate source of customer service. What would piss me off no end would be being left high and dry without any response even if I 'should' have rung a dealer and not the manufacturer. We punters are fickle and impulsive creatures perhaps phoning the first number we think of. We might need guiding to the right contact, in real time.

Bailey might not have the capacity to provide excellent customer service themselves but they need their customers to experience it. This need not be a problem generating, as it does, negative noise on the interweb, undermining a reputation. They should not rely on punters phoning the best number for service. A simple phone message and effective web site is all that is required.

All bailey Dealers are on Baileys website.. It doesn't take a rocket scientist too work out if you can't get hold of the manufacturer then call a dealer... Bailey can not tell you who too call as that would be favourtism towards one dealer or another

It is bad that no one can contact Bailey at the moment or it's pot luck if you get through to someone.. I agree it is bad for there rep.... We had this same situation with Bulldog a year or so ago..

Alan K had some small issues with converting his second hand V5 engine from E start to manual and found it had to contact Bailey, we helped him out with advice as best as i could and the issue was sorted with some calls to Bailey..

If people want to bang there heads against a wall or call a forever ringing number thats up to them!! "Me" i would call one of there Dealers and get results...

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought i would add my support for Bailey. I have just been there today to fix my V5 engine. Paul responded via email and i got it booked in within a week of contacting him.

The two chaps there are working flat out knocking out new Matrix frames with frames parts everywhere.

Anyway they fixed my problem in 30 minutes and even did me a mini service as part of the work.

Very happy chap!

• 1 month later...

As the starter of this thread, and having just logged in after a long time and found to my surprise that it's still running, I thought I ought to chime in.

Although I had the frustrating experience of not being able to contact them in the run up to my flight across Spain, I'm happy to report that on a couple of occasions after my return, I have had great customer service from Paul and co. Quick responses to emails and quick solutions to a couple of minor issues with my V5.

I understand what others have said about going to a dealer, but I bought my machine direct from Bailey so there are no dealers out there that owe me any service.

Still very pleased with my V5.

Cheers,

Dave

• 8 months later...
Further update on this to put anyone's fears to rest regarding Baileys support they have now employed Paul Mahony as Office Manager. Paul is a Paramotor instructor and extremely helpful. I had a replacement cage quarter delivered in a few days of ordering it.

Yes, I have met and spoken to Paul M, who seems like a very nice and helpful chap.

Unfortunately, he too now seems to be unavailable!!

I sent an email 6 days ago - no reply. Then another yesterday morning - no reply again. The phone is on a system whereby it rings a few times, then puts me on hold but is never answered.

Perhaps he's on holiday, or off sick, but it's very easy to set an 'out of office' email responder and an answer phone message.

It's really frustrating being grounded for weeks without any clue as to when I might expect my motor back.