unable to contact Bailey

goode400

I've been trying to contact Bailey Aviation for over a week without success. Problem is that my V5 is in for a service prior to my charity flight across Spain which starts a week on Monday with a pre booked ferry trip to Santander.

Needless to say, I am getting very concerned about getting my motor back in time!

Does anyone have a way to contact Paul Bailey other than email or through the number on the Bailey web site?

Cheers,

Dave

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave you have my sympathies, I've been in the very same position.

The only way I managed was to go over to Baileys in person. Without wanting to excuse the position he is without an employee to man the office at the moment.

Could you not do the V5 service yourself? The main items are only changing the oil and filter and checking the valve clearances.

Cheers, Alan

I would have done the service myself but it is in for a new exhaust (previous one developed a heat crack) and an upgrade to new carb.

Update: received a reply. It appears that a new batch of carbs are due for delivery by the end of the week. It's going to be a bit tight getting my unit back in time for my charity flight. I still have to add some trolley wheels for the walk from each landing to the nearest bed for the night.

We do have a very large selection of spares.. If we don't have it in stock we can normally get it in in a few days and fit it for our customer.

The only thing we don't really stock is Major engine components like pistons barrels heads etc... If these were too be needed I would take the engine up too Bailey's for a full inspection anyway..

We do have a very large selection of spares.. If we don't have it in stock we can normally get it in in a few days and fit it for our customer.

The only thing we don't really stock is Major engine components like pistons barrels heads etc... If these were too be needed I would take the engine up too Bailey's for a full inspection anyway..

Got a price on V3 titanium cage parts? need the two left sections looking from the front. :-)

(Tried bailey a few times and no reply.)

Pete

Hi Pete

Cage quarters are £160 each... V3 Not in stock... Although i do have a second hand V3 never been flown for sale for a customer.

I can Order V3 1/4's on monday for you but would need full payment up front incase your guys falls through and were left with the 1/4's

1.1m V3 or 1.3m V3??

Pete My mobile is 07867317307

Yep, I'm damn frustrated trying to get someone at Bailey to reply to my emails and phone calls....their customer service used to be absolutely fantastic.

I love flying my V5, but find it very frustrating sitting watching beautiful flying days slipping by while my motor sits in the garage needing parts that can only be sourced from one company that you can't contact......

yes, I know they're busy with the new Hornet which is good for the company,but what about all us other Bailey owners...?

When the initial rush of Hornet orders are filled and they lift their heads...... will we still be there....?

Mark at Sussex Paramotors has been a great helpin getting me parts, thanks Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, I'm damn frustrated trying to get someone at Bailey to reply to my emails and phone calls....their customer service used to be absolutely fantastic.

I love flying my V5, but find it very frustrating sitting watching beautiful flying days slipping by while my motor sits in the garage needing parts that can only be sourced from one company that you can't contact......

yes, I know they're busy with the new Hornet which is good for the company,but what about all us other Bailey owners...?

When the initial rush of Hornet orders are filled and they lift their heads...... will we still be there....?

Mark at Sussex Paramotors has been a great helpin getting me parts, thanks Mark.

Sigh! Can't believe I'm suffering the same problem again!

I got through a lot of oil on my trip so I want to get the machine checked and perhaps get new rings and seals but I can't get anyone to reply to me! emailed Paul on the 8th of October, then again on the 10th. Now it's the 21st and still no reply. It's a 4 hour round trip to Bailey for me so I am reluctant to just turn up in case there's nobody there when I arrive.

Advice, anyone??