1st UK Slalom Comp

morgy

Hi All

I have been informed that there is going to be a Uk Slalom Comp. :dive: The Dates and venues are still to be announced, But i have been told there could be one before Christmas. :D

As far as i am aware it is going too be open to BHPA members Only so the organisers are able to get funding for the event. Another Good reason to become a BHPA Member and get your Pilot rating..

You don't have to be The new Dean Eldridge or Pascal Valee to enter but If you do not wish to compete you will be able to Watch the competition from a safe distance.

If you would like more information please follow some of the links below.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PPGCompsU ... =363230363

http://www.ppgcomps.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/britishopen2011/

Safe flying

Mark

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its going to be BHPA as the BHPA are going to fund the event and this mean the comp will be allowed to have spectators. If it was BMAA then they would be allowed to have none BHPA Members but no funding No spectators. So the comp fee's would be very expensive!!!

BHPA alternative entry scheme is easy to enter and the exam is fairly easy for do.

My last post sounded a bit anti BHPA , me bad :-(

But would it not be better for the profile of the sport as a whole and therefore also the BHPA . If the competition was free to enter for all uk flyers .

That way the best pilots in the uk would be able to compete and the best pilot in the uk would win.

If required the BHPA can refuse to issue a trophy to the winner if they are not a member. But we will all know who the best pilot is :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PMC Forum mobile app

Spigot

Im not sure how much it would be to put on an event like this but my guess is it would take 1000's of pounds and many man hours so if only 10 pilot turned up then yes it would be more than the BHPA insurance...

If it was run by the BMAA no spectators would have been allowed :wink:

I am just passing on a message so don't shoot me... Just because some of you have an issue with the BHPA for some reason. :roll:

If you don't like the BHPA for what ever reason don't enter simple....

Simon

Would the Slalom comp you organise be the same as The Start wars film set trip, Australia tip to tip and the Paramotoring orienteering event... IE... Doesn't happen . :wink:

The Guy's behind the scene sorting this event out are highly motivated to make this happen and keen to see it be a success because we really need some good Slalom Pilots and all round pilots for the upcoming World Paramotor Championships in August.

So if anyone thinks there good enough should step up not just sit back complaining about BHPA...

"If you don't like the BHPA for what ever reason don't enter simple...."

I have nothing against the BHPA as an organisation ( although I have in the past vented my spleen at " members " portraying membership as an almost legal requirement ) I have no reason to join, and I choose not to.

The point still remains. If you want to trawl the UK for flying talent , to represent the UK in later competitions, or to raise the sports profile.

Then it needs to be open to all pilots.

And quite possibly, just the type of pilots who choose not to fly by the rules laid down in the BHPA handbook.

Edited by Guest

Spigot

If it was not BHPA and some other group who is going to fund it??

If you were interested in Slalom or entering a Slalom comp you would get BHPA. There is no other Comp?

If you want to start motorsport you have to get a licence to drive at a race event.

It seems that the only Pilot's complaining are the ones who are not interested in the comp anyway.. Go figure. :wingover:

Morgy I think your being over defensive dude. :-(

Re read the messages who is 'complaining?'

As it happens I would like to do a comp of some description but I don't like all the BS that goes with it in its current format. And THAT is what stops me.

Ps anyone can buy a banger and race it, anyone can drag race a car or bike without even a driving licence :-) that's what makes it so attractive to so many people. ( that and the lack of ANY bs )

SW :D

I not being over defensive... I was just posting trying to promote the comp a bit and you guy's jump in with anti BHPA Cr@p

What BS are you talking about simon??

Have you been to a Slalom comp?

Turn up register, pay your money, watch a guy draw a course go fly it the fastest win's!!!!

It's not like FAI comps

I thought it would be up your street...

Just the fact you guys are anti BHPA.... Who cares... Most pilots i have spoken to are happy to get there Rating to be Able to enter a Slalom comp...

Morgy

I don't see anti BHPA I see pilots that for whatever reason do not want to join the BHPA as there are BHPA pilots that do not want to join the PMC.

I have entered a few comps and think everyone should have a go just to see if it is the sort of thing that they would like.

I fly for fun and found the comps were not fun due to the amount of prep for each task, pilots trying to interpret the rules to their own advantage

and the very limited free flying window available to non comp pilots.

Perhaps the Slalom will be more fun without the prep ect but my old bones heal very slowly these days and I know I would push it to the limit.

I will get to come see one some time but it wont be before Xmas.

Pete.

To confirm,

I have never been and will never be Anti BHPA. It's just not for me and I express my opinions in a normal human way. :-)

I used to be in the BHPA many moons ago, I chose not to renew my membership as they had no interest in Paramotoring nor even a syllabus to teach too at the time.

My main beef with the BHPA is that as has been mentioned above, I find that the way the 'sell it' by making it appear as though a 'licence' is 'required' annoying. I believe that if they were just more honest about the fact you don't need one and instead sold a good 'optional' training system in a clear an concise way that it would attract more people.

I believe that the way it is currently presented is a counter productive approach and will have a non productive result all round in our sport.

But that's about it. :-)

Pete B's first point just nails it on the head. :-) Ye ol wise man said...

"I don't see anti BHPA I see pilots that for whatever reason do not want to join the BHPA as there are BHPA pilots that do not want to join the PMC"

If someone does not want to join, it does not make them ANTI anybody. :-)

Simon

I guess it takes a few years to organise those... I look forward to the 2020 PMC slalom event. :wink::lol:

Have a go at it chap :-) you will understand how hard it is then. (lets not make this personal!)