What I got up to this afternoon

Well, about 1600 feet actually. As I was preparing for take off two big delta jets came zooming over so I thought it best to fly at over 1500 feet.

The visibility was pretty good giving a lovely view of the surrounding countryside:

P1030645_s.jpg

P1030646_s.jpg

I spotted a farm yard with lots of plastic wrapped bales:

P1030647_s.jpg

The wind was strong at this height (well for a paramotor anyway) so progress was slow; eventually I passed over a local comms mast. It looks quite big from the ground:

P1030648_s.jpg

I flew on to a local moated chateaux at a village called Chazelet, what a pad:

P1030651_s.jpg

When I came back to the microlight field I took a picture of the preparation for the new runway. I was at about 950 feet for reference:

P1030654_s.jpg

Had a great flight of 70 minutes duration, I imagine a few have been up today as it has been suitable weather.

Cheers, Alan

I had a nice flight yesterday too, the weather was so nice that I lugged up my great big old SLR to take some pics, only to find the wife had used it and left the SD card in the laptop....Doh! Worst bit was I couldn't have a moan at the wife because I was supposed to be having a busy day in the office...