Another 2 stroke flat twin motor...

Looks like he's gone full circle to me :)

Bailey fitted with a French JPX320 or 330 boxer from 6-7 yrs ago (?). Loads of power but VERY heavy.

The new Hornet looks light AND hopefully with power to match :) All good and is a welcome step away from the Moster / Thor / Minari clones.

BaileyA22.gif.b932e044b70cacc1b4eb7b03f1

Looks like he's gone full circle to me :)

Bailey fitted with a French JPX320 or 330 boxer from 6-7 yrs ago (?). Loads of power but VERY heavy.

The new Hornet looks light AND hopefully with power to match :) All good and is a welcome step away from the Moster / Thor / Minari clones.

What do you mean "Moster / Thor / Minari clones"? They are not clones, are they?

I am a great believer in keeping things as simple as possible, I would always prefer a single cylinder 2 stroke, if only I could find a reliable one. Just my own preference, I know that others will disagree.

No they are not the same castings, but the designs are very similar...

Polini's new Thor 190 is a step back imho.... Single cylinder lightweight with belt drive. Light powerful and simple design, but with enough vibes to keep my dentist happy into his retirement. :shock:

The Thor200 is a lovely engine, smooth and powerful, but has a nasty tendency to go bang without without warning plus its a bit heavy. The customer service from Polini is also woeful (see Thor200 FB group!).

Paul's Hornet looks great on paper, and the early reports are looking good. It ticks all the right boxes for me :)

I have had the pleasure of seeing the hornet and Everything i hear about it seems very positive. I can't wait to fly it very soon.

We will be offering our customers full back up when they buy from us so they can buy with confidence that they will not be left waiting for parts or a repair if the worse was to happen, as this is a NEW engine I know allot of people will be holding back waiting to see what happens.

just for sharing:

2 years ago I started to build my paratrike with very tight budget. So I choose an RC 2 stroke engine (DLE170, china made) which is cost me about $900.

It is very much alike the bailey hornet. 2 cyl boxer, 170ccm, 17HP and weight only 4kg.

Installed in my paratrike which I modified from my Kite Buggy, weight total of 32kg.

Attached to used Bolero plus canopy which I bought for $400.

4.jpg

It flies well with my 60kg weight (not overpowered) until now. no need for torque compensation since I use direct drive with 30"x12" prop tach at 6200 RPM.

5.jpg

As for now I use brand new Apco Lift size M.

http://youtu.be/zqJKFKsHDpw

This is why I am so eager to wait for Morgy's review about the new hornet.

Edited by Guest

Good Read.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2010/11/ ... dvantages/

I know the guys at Per Il Volo already have a direct injection top80 in testing.

http://www.miniplane.net/en/info-news/2 ... ne-ge.html

The only thing that worries me about interjection and the crack lube system it will need to be 100% reliable. But in realallity this should not be an issue.

I'm surprised the Top80 GE is not selling yet.

Interesting post

diego per il volo

Message 7 of 7 , Apr 2, 2012

View Source

as every new thing, when you begin you can't image how difficult can be ..

ok we have good results, but not so good as we espect on the beginning, we found only 50% of the theoretical advantages untill now.

sure the best performances can come after years of experience.

we plan to give few machines to the test pilots soon.

In the same time we do a lot of test with new components, new settings and new solutions (different pumps, exaust, head form, etc.)

now the look is less rude, begin to be agreable ...

Show More

One more:

diego per il volo

Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28 2:20 AM

View Source

we plan to make some test machines, very few in fact, and than will begin the production slowly, 10 machines a time, but beginning from some mounts after long tests.

some anwsers for all:

-- the sistem will be heavier and more expensive so

" we will continue the production of carburator engines "

-- at moment we are not sure if it will be possible an upgrade of producted engines, what I can say now is 90% no because needs a modification of the cranckcase.

-- at moment we can image so many improuvements IN THEORY.

what we verify at moment is an incredible easy start and more reactive engine (faster acceleration), yes few more power with some settings, but we must verify if we can use these settings. (same problem as a carburator engine)

-- about consumption, power, pollution, we need to complete the mapping program, and this will need a lot of time, may be years.

As you know also the cars need to remap after years of production, we can make many mistakes on the beginning.

we all engine manufacturers are small companyes

and we can't invest so much money in tests as the car manufacturers, than be patient please.

We are so proud to make a new revolution in paramotor machines, but we can't make it tomorrow morning ... may be in the afternoon ?

We will inform you every small step we will do.

Diego