Dudek Synthesis 29 Medium ?

That seems to be about what i`m getting...

Moster 185 on a Synth 31 - i`m right at the top of the weight range (over by a few Kg`s fully-loaded) and flying trims fully out most of the time.

I`m not bothered too much about cost, but i`d like to have a good two and a half hours potential flying time at least to do a decent out`n`back XC without being nervous of potential fuel fail on the return leg!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did you decide yet?

I have a Synth 29 and I'm 78kg naked. Its great if I'm not looking to carry too much, although it needs some coaxing to get off the ground. I've been planning to add some more weight (Lightweight tent, sleeping bag, spares etc) for fly-camping and am a bit worried about how she'll cope.

I've read comments that with Dudek wings you should order one size larger than you think you'll need. I'd agree and I'll be doing this next time.

M2c.

Did you decide yet?

I have a Synth 29 and I'm 78kg naked. Its great if I'm not looking to carry too much, although it needs some coaxing to get off the ground. I've been planning to add some more weight (Lightweight tent, sleeping bag, spares etc) for fly-camping and am a bit worried about how she'll cope.

I've read comments that with Dudek wings you should order one size larger than you think you'll need. I'd agree and I'll be doing this next time.

M2c.

I'm surprised by your comments about the Synth. For my training and first few flights I was using the school Synth 29 and it dealt with my 105kg fine, driven by a Parajet Macro. At that weight I was well over the EN rating for the wing by as much as 20kg, although probably within the more recently developed DCAG Rating.

See http://www.dudek.eu/en/tests/

As far as launching the wing, yes I would agree it has a minor issue with hanging back a little, but it's just a question of developing a technique for dealing with it. Getting a larger canopy would, if it did anything at all, tend to make that worse.

Even if you take an extra 10kg of gear, I would have thought you were fine with the 29