Suitable Vehicles

firefly

One of the great things about the paramotor is being able to turn up at a field and just fly. What vehicles are ideal for transporting a paramotor fully assembled? I've heard the Citroen Berlingo does? Without going down the van route, are there any others? Land rover, Etc?

I take my Bulldog Paramotor and all my equipment in a Autotrail Chieftain camper van, I find this great if you want to stay over, I previously had a Renault master and a tent.

The Renault master, which I still own is a fantastic van very economical and reliable.

This is really interesting. Everything Renault I have had has been a disaster, especially around gearboxes, intercoolers and turbos.

Which model (and age) Masters do you both own? I'm looking at bigger vans and had ignored the Master because of previous experience with Renault.

This is really interesting. Everything Renault I have had has been a disaster, especially around gearboxes, intercoolers and turbos.

Which model (and age) Masters do you both own? I'm looking at bigger vans and had ignored the Master because of previous experience with Renault.

Mine is a 1999 with just under 200,000 miles on it Steve.

I'm impressed. Mitsubishi shogun, Vitara... I assume when you talk about fitting perfectly you mean you have to put the paramotor in horizontally and maybe at an angle too. In my view if a paramotor will not fit vertically or just slightly bent it is not a perfect fit (emptying/sealing for gas leakage everytime is a pain), but everyone is different ;)

I prefer the bicycle carrier on the back door as an alternative to a van, 3 mins and you are ready to go.

MMDCI 120 2007 owned it from new 80,000 miles only had it serviced twice, been to spain 3 times and a tour around france.

The only thing that have been replaced are tyres, pads and brake discs.

Hi dede2008

Re The Vitara, the Parajet goes in, harness first, and the top of the cage touches the back of the headrest. It sits at an angle, but the cap of the fuel tank is pointing upwards, so have never had an issue with fuel leaks. It is a tight squeeze, and once the door is shut, the paramotor has no room to move around.

Wouldn't be my first choice of transport but does the job and for £1500 I cant complain!

hi

vw sharan good up to a parajet compact most others if you take the top cage half off. Reliable and economical. Older ones very cheap to buy (less £1000) run it for a year or two get another.

My pennys worth.

cherrs col...

Reliable my arse! Your last one broke down dude, the one you have start's like its the last time its ever going to LOL!!

SW :D