Gopro 3 problems

pitflyer

Anybody out there got a go pro 3 for christmas without problems, I got the black and after about 5 mins with it it now wont turn on or do anything, if anybody thinking about them i wouldnt bother untill they get them sorted as on all the forums they seem to be having major problems with them at the moment. :evil::x

I have heard the same :-( Whats annoying is that is gutting to hear because I reeeeeeellllllly wanted one of those for the wifi ness.

SW :D

Thats why i wanted it, sold my hd go pro as i wanted to mount the camera in the wing etc as that footage looks superb and the remote and phone app would have been superb. Will have to wait and see if £340 plus led touch back pack is any good or a waste of money. Another crap point is i aint flying with this weather anyway :(:( . never mind a new year coming and it all can only improve, hopefully

:dive:

I seen something this morning about this problem online someplace where it is how you charge it and unplug it from the USB charger.. some people say charging the batt. in the wall charger they don't have the problem

that is all i seen on line . ( amazon.com reviews I think it was)

terrie

Anybody out there got a go pro 3 for christmas without problems, I got the black and after about 5 mins with it it now wont turn on or do anything, if anybody thinking about them i wouldnt bother untill they get them sorted as on all the forums they seem to be having major problems with them at the moment. :evil::x

I have just purchased the new Sanyo HDR as15 much better picture than the go pro , and complete with wifi,

I have just purchased the new Sanyo HDR as15 much better picture than the go pro , and complete with wifi,

Sony?

The Sony is the only other possible option and nor a bad one at that.

What I cant work out is if you can send a live feed to your phone from it (as per the go Pro when its working)

The Sony is the only other possible option and nor a bad one at that.

What I cant work out is if you can send a live feed to your phone from it (as per the go Pro when its working)

Hi Simon,

I can confirm that you can send a live feed to your phone when in use. You can use it like a remote view finder.

You need to down load a sony app. I cant remember the name right now but when I have my phone in hand I will repost with the app name.

Thanks dude. Have you tried the wifi? is it a smooth feed? can you view while in record mode? what sort of distance?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I think I will leave the GoPro and most likely go for the Sony. I am a huge fan of Sony cameras anyway so it makes sense.

Thanks dude. Have you tried the wifi? is it a smooth feed? can you view while in record mode? what sort of distance?

Sorry for the 20 questions. I think I will leave the GoPro and most likely go for the Sony. I am a huge fan of Sony cameras anyway so it makes sense.

Hi Simon,

I have only done it via wifi (i dont know how else to do it) and yes you view it while recording and not recording, so it acts like a big view finder. You click on a button on the phone screen to start / stop recording. And also remotly change the camera settings i.e. mode, 720p to 320 etc. It was very smooth when viewing it even when recording.

I have no idea how far away it could be, the furthest I tried was the camera in the kitchen and the phone in the living room. So about 6 meters.

The app was a little picky about connecting to the camera until I got used to it. But once it was connected it worked flawlessly. But the battery life is not great with the wifi on. From memory I think it was about 1 hour 40 mins. Where you can get 2 1/2 hours or more with it turned off but then you are have no idea what you are recording till after the event.

Thanks for taking the time dude.

1 hour + wifi is all we require for the job in hand. :-) I can see me sticking to the Sony hardware for sure. :-)

I just did a software update on our 35mm Sony which was less hassle than the go pro use to be.

There are a shit load (similar to the Go-pro) but also standard Tri Mount.

Was chatting last night with one of the crew from the Man V Wild show. They have gone the Sony route so, so am I.

I am going to be getting a new camera soon.....but at the mo I am like a rabbit caught in headlights :shock: ....so much choice

the last camera/ current one was a bad choice :oops: ATC9K..(never again)...its not to bad really after a host of home made stuff to make it work ! ! and many many replacements ...but things have moved on thank god..

So

is the sonys picture as wide as the go pro and will it do slow mo

has anybody had issues with the sony

how long in the real world does the battery last

and will it load to windows for editing ( the atc was a major headache )

and whats the still quality like...

:?::?::?::?:

I am going to be getting a new camera soon.....but at the mo I am like a rabbit caught in headlights :shock: ....so much choice

the last camera/ current one was a bad choice :oops: ATC9K..(never again)...its not to bad really after a host of home made stuff to make it work ! ! and many many replacements ...but things have moved on thank god..

So

is the sonys picture as wide as the go pro and will it do slow mo

has anybody had issues with the sony

how long in the real world does the battery last

and will it load to windows for editing ( the atc was a major headache )

and whats the still quality like...

:?::?::?::?:

I have not got one but have a look on you tube, loads of videos and comparisons to the go pro.

Pete