Why do people say PPG cost alot

TerrieB

I hear this all the time about PPG. Does no one compare motorsports. Back in 1994 i bought a new race bike CBR900rrr it cost me 14000.00 out the door. it cost me 1000-1200 to race once a month..( tires, gas, day off work, food, etc) . My brother in law just bought a new snowmobile it cost him 16000 out the door. ( for maybe 2 months of fun where we live). I looked at super motos there were around the 11000.00. For fuel I would go through easy 50-80 in gas in a day on the bike. on the sled 100-150 in gas.

a zenith thor 200 is around the 8000 mark with custom colors, a speedster is around the 3600-4000 mark. this is very comparable . Gas I would be luck to go through 30 for a day..

I have been kiteboarding for 13 years now and when I start that i pard almost 9000 for 3 kites, 1 board, and a harness. now I can buy 3 kites for 2500 and make boards all day long for 1000 .

In time PPG will come down in price but not alot. It is very comparable to all other motorsports.

Sorry for the rant just been getting hounded alot off line by people saying it cost to much. and see people online saying the same thing.

It cost to play is the bottom line. and PPG is one of the cheep thing to do if you ask me.

Terrie

From my vast degree of inexperience I am not sure anyone seriously says that ppg costs a lot. You might argue that the kit seems quite expensive for a big kite and a strimmer, but that is a rather daft argument. If anyone has the time, let's try and put some figures together to compare PPG with other sports such as microlighting, parachuting, ballooning, Golf (I do hate golf), skiing etc.

Does it really matter how much it costs? If you want to do it DO IT.

You are not on this earth long so do what you want instead of trying to keep up with the neighbours and all the crap that goes with it.

As someone on here says get out of the matrix and live.

Pete

I might not have loads of money but I got a load of crap enjoying myself and doing what I want when I want. :D

Some people might think PPG cost a lot...

If you only have 2-3k to set your self up with equipment then buying all the lastest Kit is out of your budget then your going to think its expensive. If like your self have come from motorsport you may think its cheap.

it isn't cheep but is equal or alittle less then most the motorsports that I have done.

Ok golf for example.. 1500 right up from for a memebership for a season ( where I live)

1200-2000 for a good set of clubs.

14000 if you pops wants to have a custom golf cart... ( but he does play 36

holes a day and yes I hate golf too)

17500.00 for one year and seasonal

Kite boarding 3 kite quiver 1500-2000 per kite ( unless you are sponsored)

2-3 boards 600-1200 each

harness 250

2-3 wetsuits 250-500

8000.00 NO MOTOR

Race bike 10 000-20 000 to have a up to date bike

400-600 set of tires every race

50-100 in fuel for the bike alone with out driving 6 hrs to the track for your

truck

100-250 to enter race

1200 helmet

1000-2000 leathers /boots/ gloves

14000-24000 just to race one weekend

Snowmobile 10 000-17 000 for up to date sled

2000 trailer

200 trail permit

1000- 1500 suit/boots/helmet/etc

100- 150 a day to ride in gas alone

16 000-25 000 season maybe 2 months were i live

PPG 6000-14000 PPm depending on which model and size

2500-4500 ppg depending on brand and model

500-900 safety chute

100-500 helmet

100-300 flight suit if you want one

1000 for gps or such

1500 to get certified in ontario

15 500 for mid line kit year around snow or not

Like i said before I know I can get into PPG cheeper then what I have posted if I buy used. but the problem with that there are not alot of people here were i live that even know what ppg is. I would rather buy new just for the fact that it is my life and my feet will not be on the ground. Also the way I look at it a PPG kit can last me for a few years until I figure I need new or better stuff.

I just like the freedom of ppg, I am one of those people that like to just rush of things until I get bored of it and PPG I don;t think I can get bored of it for a long time.

Sorry again for the rant , if you can not afford it new or used. just don't do it. It cost to play

Terrie

thanks for the great forum

I really wish this hobby wasn't so expensive! but i guess every hobby with a motor is! For me all these are impossible to get involved in, as even £3500 is considered expensive for me! Wish there was a cheaper way! if anyone knows an idea, or has a really good deal, let me know ;)

Cheers

Even after I got over the shock of looking at TerrieB's figures and then converted them from canadian doodahs into real money I still ended up with a pretty scary figure of approx GBP 9,500. I am not sure this is realistic. Certainly not in the UK. But then again, what do I know?

These figures are wildly misleading anyway as they only look at the upfront costs and take no account of running costs, residual values etc.

Does it really matter how much it costs? If you want to do it DO IT.

You are not on this earth long so do what you want instead of trying to keep up with the neighbours and all the crap that goes with it.

As someone on here says get out of the matrix and live.

Pete

I might not have loads of money but I got a load of crap enjoying myself and doing what I want when I want. :D

I thought I'd show this post to my wife and let her know how I'm going to live my life from now on.

Excellent advice Pete. Thank you.

Ok, now that's clear, could anyone tell me whether it's true that you should put a steak on a black eye?

If it is, can anyone tell me if foreceps are any good for retrieving said steak from up ones arse :|

example Parajet Zenith 5500 GBP

Revo2 2500 GBP

8000 GBP with no safety / or gps and such.

1500 GBP can get used up pretty fast for odds and sods.

I just know this is a example but I know we can get cheeper ones... It all depends on what you want and how deep the pockets are.

I worked very hard for all the toys I have ever had and a real good wife that lets me buy them.

Terrie

Even after I got over the shock of looking at TerrieB's figures and then converted them from canadian doodahs into real money I still ended up with a pretty scary figure of approx GBP 9,500. I am not sure this is realistic. Certainly not in the UK. But then again, what do I know?

These figures are wildly misleading anyway as they only look at the upfront costs and take no account of running costs, residual values etc.

Another example would be.

Recently sold on the PMC auction site, Parajet Compact Titanium £1000 or there abouts, New Apco force £1650

Total £2650

+ bits and bobs.

SW :D

I wish i lived in the UK instead of Canada right at this min.... I only know of one other that PPG and most people will not ship to canada ( used anyways)

there are only 2 places to get my lience in ontario... one sells parajet the other sell nirvona and paratoys. So it is limited here. Jump the ditch to the states and there are 4 or 5 in Michigan only ( But i have to be lienced in canada or flying is a big no no) States don't need anything to fly just buy and go. Which i think is totally stupid when you could hurt someone else or kill someone. let alone yourself.

Been watch the forum and other for a long time now... it is weird how things change from place to place. The fuel fill up at stations is one of them . I go to the gas station all the time with 5 or 6 - 5gal cans in the back of my truck and fill them up for chain saws, lawmowers, ATV, or what ever i want. They don't care as long as you have the money to pay for it..

terrie

Hi Terrie

Have a look on our web site http://www.sussexparamotors.co.uk as we ship Baileys to most countries. New only!! So far we have shipped to Australia, Sweden, Germany, and Greece But we only Deal in Bailey Ozone and Paramania.

Shame i am not going over to Toronto this year for christmas other wise i would drop one off :wink:

I also know of a Bull dog polini 100 for sale... New but at a very competitive price we can ship over.

Morgy will take a look at your site. Thanks.

the bull dog would be nice but the thor 100 is alittle light for my big fat butt.. 100 +- no gear

I haven't found the dutie yet one the gov web site for a PPM but a Paraglider is dutie free just have to pay the 13% tax HMMMMM class it all as a paraglider and no one would know the difference.

Can you ship a Speedster to Canada with out getting into trouble from Ozone with your dealer agreement. Was told that buy another shop from your side of the pond

HMMMM should be able to I don't know anyone that sells them in Ontario. Just dealers that sell kite gear. sorry brain fart

Ganer I like the way you think. Just not a opition here for me ...

Terrie