newboy

Good advice thx. I dont intend to spend a penny untill

A) I have been up tandem with somebody. Just to see if i have the balls for it

B) Have read and consumed all the info available.

C) Sold one of my motorbikes to fund the process ;)

D) Found a brilliant patient instructor to teach me.

I cant allow the cost of a new hobby to encroach on the family household budget.

So am going to sell my old gl1000 Goldwing to pay for some of it

and i have a old 1920s BSA to sell also. . So if anyone kniw anyone lol

I've only become aware of them as engines for large (1/2 scale) model aircraft.

25HP is enough power. I'd be more concerned about the weight. I don't have a figure for the weight of the Weslake, but it's not going to be less than my Bailey 175 motor.

There are plenty of light motors with 25HP and more.

As a newcomer to the sport, I'd recommend you look for kit from well known manufacturers. That way, you'll have no shortage of help on this forum and others and service and parts will be readily available.

Pete.

Good solid advice sir

and advice i am going to take. The WAE 342 engine is 12k

and have dicovered that a miltary type organisation called meggits . Build and hold spares for them

.am going to stick to something more conventional tho. Cant help thinking thatva flat twin will have a dodgy

torque reaction like the one in my old bmw bike used to have

cool on the road. Worrying in the air

OMG! I MUST BE INSANE!

Have bought the paramotor with the wae-342 weslake flat twin two stroke engine.

I could not help myelf. It was so god damn pretty . 76 pounds of torque

25 hp.. Has a good source of spares availablevfrom hovercraft suppliers!

Just need to find a great instructor now . Am chatting to a mr chilvers. Known as chilly.

I suspect he wont approve of my eccentric device. Am going to go for a more conventional wing.

I have my sights set on a dudek synthesis . Any thoughts?

I've got a synthesis 34, I've tried a reaction and a fusion but only for ground handling. The synth is really docile compared with the other two and really floaty. It comes up quick if you need it to or slowly if you hold back a bit. I find it tend not to over shoot but kind of waits for you when it's up. Once above you if it moves left or right it doesn't lurch but drifts so I have plenty of time to correct it. Makes ground handling less stress full.

Cheers lee

Hi, I have a Synthesis and it is a great confidence building wing.

Worried you have just gone against the one bit of advice every member on here would tell a new pilot by buying a motor (especially one that is not very standard).

Did you say 76 lbs thrust? Hope you are light.

All the best.

Yeah, his figures don't add up... 25 horses and 76lbs thrust :?: I hope for his sake he means kilo's :wink:

Yeah yeah ok . Wind ya necks in. I mean kilos. Am just a bit stuck in the imperial system.

I think the thrust is sufficient for a sixteen st guy . It has a shorter prop . But there are three of them. Helps to offset torque reaction . (apparently) its all learning for me at the moment.

My potential instructure seems quite adamant that i need a dudek synth wing. . Its gonna mean more cash . But u cant ignore wing advice . I want something docile and predictable that wont drop me on a hard thing from a big height .

I feel quite confident on the matter of my paramotor tho. Hand built by a chap called chris scoble. He has been involved in paramotor design some time and seems to have a following of believers. Have breifly managed to get him on the phone . am hoping he will be agreeable to a bit of ongoing advice and info . Parts for the motor are available and i am if i say so myself . A more than adequate mechanic.

I know there are other issues sorrounding choice of paramotor. And the dynamics in conjunction with the different types of wing. And i hope my premature purchase does not leave me looking a pillock!

Took a drive in my trusty threewheeler earlier. Just for fun. Upto north cotes airfield in north lincs. Not far from grimsby. It looks to be a ex raf base . (lots in lincs) had a brief chat with a polite gentleman who turned out to be the club president . I was just enquiring about club membership and launching from their field. He was not against the idea. But did not seem to have a good impression of paramotorers. Apparently the last one they had allowd in had been a bit of a lad. And had ended up with a broken leg. I assured him i would be a well mannered well behaved boy if he let me in his club. But he did seem concerned about paramotors being slow and clogging up the airways around his airfield . But for all that . He seemed a veey nice man.tho i did make a mental note to start befreinding local farmers. To get me hands on there land ;)

Anyhow. Allbthis typing is not easy on a mobile device

byeeee

OMG! I MUST BE INSANE!

Have bought the paramotor with the wae-342 weslake flat twin two stroke engine.

I could not help myelf. It was so god damn pretty . 76 pounds of torque

25 hp.. Has a good source of spares availablevfrom hovercraft suppliers!

Just need to find a great instructor now . Am chatting to a mr chilvers. Known as chilly.

I suspect he wont approve of my eccentric device. Am going to go for a more conventional wing.

I have my sights set on a dudek synthesis . Any thoughts?

Just to remind you of your post from five days ago ...

Good advice thx. I dont intend to spend a penny untill

A) I have been up tandem with somebody. Just to see if i have the balls for it

B) Have read and consumed all the info available.

C) Sold one of my motorbikes to fund the process ;)

D) Found a brilliant patient instructor to teach me.

• 6 months later...

I think it was someone having some fun on the forum....

I did offer to hook him up with a buyer for his BSA but got no reply which is a little odd.

SW :D