Scammer after my wing!

I'm selling a nuc wing and I've been contacted by a scammer. I thought I'd share this so everyone else can see the format... and nobody else lets this @#£% get their hard earnt coin.

Just in case you're wondering I've not proceeded with the sale to Brian:

I really appreciate your respond,I am a marine engineer and am currently at sea at the moment,due to my occupation as a marine engineer at this moment i am presently working offshore,sometimes access to regular emails and phone calls are very poor in offshore due to inefficiency of the immarsat service, I located in pacific WA, and i want you to know that am okay with the Nucleon 31 Wing status and also the conditions of the Nucleon 31 Wing and the asking price as well, I am buying the Nucleon 31 Wing as a gift for my Dad as a surprise for him,he wont know anything about the Nucleon 31 Wing until they get delivered to him, i can only pay through PayPal as i don't have access to my bank account on-line as i don't have internet banking,but i have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through PayPal, kindly get back to me with your PayPal details if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up at your bank and get it set up,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done, i have a pick up agent that will come around for verifications and to pick the Nucleon 31 Wing after i have made the payments for the Nucleon 31 Wing.So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the making of the payment.

1.Your PayPal full name.

2.Your PayPal Email Address.

3..Your phone number.

Once again ,I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping. I will have my pick-up agent come over as soon as you have receive the payment confirmation.

Regards.. Brian

>Subject: Nucleon 31 Wing

>From: revbrianclinton@rediffmail.com

But his email address is REVbrian - surely a member of the clergy couldn't be a scammer?

You do have to be a real rev to use rev in your email address don't you?

And most Ebay buyers are barely literate, but know exactly what information they want to scam your Paypal account, no?

Seems totally credible. :lol:

My theory is that if I had proceeded with the sale I would have received an 'emailed payment instruction' from a fictitious paypal page.

If I had then logged on to my account via that page I would have divulged my paypal account info and given this muppet full access. The wing would never have been collected but I would have seen my bank account take a hit!

Such a shame that there are these clowns out there. I can see he is based in India.

So if anyone else wants a Nuc Wing 31 as a gift for their father I have one going for 5 bottle tops! :wink:

Found it..

I really appreciate your response. I am a marine engineer and at this moment i am presently working offshore. Sometimes access to regular emails and phone calls is very poor offshore due to inefficiency of the immarsat service, I am located in pacific WA, and i want you to know that I am ok with the condition of the Ozone Element Medium 75-105KG and the asking price as well.I am buying the Ozone Element Medium 75-105KG as a gift for my son, I want to surprise him. I don't have access to my bank account on-line as i don't have internet banking,but i have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why i insisted on paying you through PayPal, kindly get back to me with your PayPal details if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up at your bank and get it set up,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through so i can proceed with the payment

and after the payment has been done, i have a pick up agent that will come around for verifications and to pick the Ozone Element Medium 75-105KG after i have made the payments for the Ozone Element Medium 75-105KG.So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the making of the payment.

1.Your PayPal full name.

2.Your PayPal Email Address.

3..Your phone number.

The grammar looks wrong as they are just cutting and pasting the description into key sections of the mail.. could be they are using some sort of bot?

How would the scam go down?

If they send you money via paypal and credit it will show up in your account. But if they use money transfer this takes 7day to confirm. If they do a cash transfer I could see the scam happening. They make the transfer, they pick up the wing. 6 days later the transaction fails because they do not have the funds to transfer.

If you want to play with them send them your email for transfer. I bet it will be a cash transfer from account. They tell them you need to wait until the cash clears and watch them try to bullshit their way out.

Once you have his contact info report him to paypal.

T