Flying suit

poz

Can anyone suggest an all bells and whistles (ie lots of pockets and sh*t) flying suit, and recommend a size. I'm a tad over 6ft, quite broad and 85kg.

Need to be able to wear just a tshirt underneath.

Cost is secondary to usefulness, quality and importantly, being easy to get in and out of.

Any help would be great as it's not like going for a pair a jeans that you can try on.

Cheers

Dan

Can anyone suggest an all bells and whistles (ie lots of pockets and sh*t) flying suit, and recommend a size. I'm a tad over 6ft, quite broad and 85kg.

Cost is secondary to usefulness, quality and importantly, being easy to get in and out of.

Any help would be great as it's not like going for a pair a jeans that you can try on.

Cheers

Dan

I take it you wont be needing a winter suit?

mite be worth looking on ebay for the ex RAF flying suits, loads of pockets to put stuff and hard wearing, also a lot cheaper than shelling out for some fancy brand name suit

Cheers

Dan

I take it you wont be needing a winter suit?

mite be worth looking on ebay for the ex RAF flying suits, loads of pockets to put stuff and hard wearing, also a lot cheaper than shelling out for some fancy brand name suit

Thanks Outcast, but actually a winter suit is what i'm looking for 'cause it's pretty cold flying at the moment (around 4 degrees).

Will checkout Ebay though

Cheers

I can recommend the suit I use, an Ozee Millennium

http://www.ozee.co.uk/shop#ecwid:catego ... ct=1727111

It's mostly sold to microlight pilots but it has been excellent for paramotoring. It is waterproof (so never an issue setting up in a wet field), windproof, incredibly warm and tough but very easy to move about in. It has a large clear pocket on the leg, loads of other pockets all over. easy access zips for legs, etc. It's also very tough. Mine was made to measure for no extra charge (you can choose your colour, I had all black). The pics on their website look a bit naff bit they are very good suits.

I went up today with just a light fleece on underneath, it was minus 3 on the ground and I was as warm as toast in it for about an hour.

save your money and do what I did, go to a shop selling fishing gear and get an anglers winter suit, tons of pockets and made to keep you warm in the coldest of conditions and only £30 :D

I guess you are right, cruising around the sky at 500ft, you got to look good :D

Mate... imagine it.......

Your on a summer XC along the coast, you get a little carried away with the flight and run out of petrol! The beach is below you and you land on it, Its full of women who are expecting james bond and get Captin Birdseye!... ;-)

SW :D

Mate... imagine it.......

Your on a summer XC along the coast, you get a little carried away with the flight and run out of petrol! The beach is below you and you land on it, Its full of women who are expecting james bond and get Captin Birdseye!... ;-)

SW :D

No I dont mean like a sea fishermans suit, I mean the type an angler wears sitting on a river bank.

I am skillfully modeling the suit in the pic below :lol::lol::lol::lol:

003-5.jpg

Outkast if you landed near my & pulled that pose I would struggle to resist you!

Dan I managed to blag an Icaro Top Gun flying suit from Skyads. Just checked the price on their website :shock: mine was a bargain! However if you want a really good suit I can highly recommend it! I am similar build to you & am a large.