2 X PARAJET VOLUTION2 MACRO for Sale - Brand New from Dealer

haze

You hit the nail on the head there Steve there are hardly ever good reports about things on forums... People are always more likely shout about the negatives than the positives. Let's face it there are always going to be problems with every motor.... Let's take Mini plane/top 80 (not slagging them down!!!!) But Luke who we fly with has had allot of trouble with his "3 cranks 2 gearboxes" and multiple retrieves. but everyone else has not... No one is ever going to write up about how good there motor is!!!! "unless it's brand new or there first motor" :lol:

Also Parajet have made/sold allot of units so i guess your going to hear more about it when it goes wrong. Plus this is kind of a parajet forum!!! :wink: I bet most of the forum user are Parajet owners.

Always buy British if not make sure your UK dealer has a good spares back up service. You never know when you will need it . And you will one day! :roll:

That Spanish brand you talked about Dan the man has never had any trouble with his.......Unless he has kept quiet about it! :wink:

This is one of the reasons forums don't help manufacturers, because you will only ever see the negative comments.

Parajet, like many manufacturers will have the few that had issues. The importance is what the manufacturer did to try and solve the problem and what level of customer service was put in place to get you flying as soon as possible.

What people often don't do is to put a really positive post when they have just had good customer service. So we get an unbalanced view.

Here is a link to a Parajet customer's blog where he details what customer service he had after he smashed his motor up. So this was not a mechanical failure, but a Pilot-Failure.

(And NO i am NOT the Stevie who authored this blog).

http://parajetting.blogspot.com/

So yes....every manufacturer has problems - and I mean EVERY one. Those that tell you otherwise are lying. What is important is how they deal with the issues.

I'm also a dealer for Bulldog and one of the reasons I am a proponent of theirs too is because of the same high levels of customer service.

But Jim of Parajet and Clive of Bulldog would both admit that there are occasional issues with paramotors... (for Clive it was the Polini Exhaust which he is now updating and rectifying under warranty).

It's that after-sales support which to me is the important factor as a dealer and as a school. I can't be without a motor or I wouldn't be able to teach. When there is a problem I expect a certain level of support. In fact I would say I am a very demanding customer - I'll be the first on the phone when there is an issue!

I can't speak for other manufacturers (except a Spanish brand that I wasn't too impressed with) so I can't say what levels of after-sales they offer.

These are my rambling thoughts.

All the best

Steve

Steve Haze

PMC Qualified Flying Instructor

http://www.learntoparamotor.com

Tel: 07968 345554

I'm glad people realise this, I'm an aftersales rep for a large company that manufactures powersport products and i have to say the forums can be a nightmare at times, on very rare occasions do i read, receive phone calls or letters saying how well the product is performing and yes admittedly things do go wrong on the odd occasion .... if they didnt i probably wouldnt have a job :D . Unfortunately people are quick to slag a manufacturer off and most of the time the people reading about it often dont know the other side of the story. When something goes wrong its all about how about how you've been looked after, not why it went wrong.

On a positive note forums such as this one can also be very useful with some good advice been given :D

Sorry thats just my two cents, but can relate to dealer and manufacturers fustration when it comes to things been published on the internet.

After reading the comments on this subject i do agree that

negative, none helpful comments should not be posted and

in future i will only give positive views.

SO, i would like to give some input about my PAP Evo 100

with Vittorazi engine - but can't comment on the back up

service or parts accessability cos it hasn't missed a beat

in over 3 years.

Anyone of average intelligence knows the internet is where people go to rant about something when they are frustrated. Kiting, motoring and other forums are the same.

Equally we know that dealers or brand reps have a natural bias towards their products - either because they genuinely believe in them, or simply for financial reasons.

Almost all manufacturers claim their product is the best on the market (although some make bolder claims than others). :roll:

I don't think anyone makes a decision based on one unsubstantiated rant or endorsement, but patterns and trends emerge over time - whether it is for quality, reliability, higher than average failure rate or good / bad customer service.

Unfortunately the faultless paramotor doesn't seem to have been invented yet :? - although I've not heard any major problems with the Moster engine so far ?? :?:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Sadly, I haven't had enough freetime to clock up a few hours on my Moster yet, so I haven't encountered any of the following. However, one or two have clocked CHT of up to 300 degrees at full power. Could be that they'll resolve that with a richer mixture, although, in the abcense of a CHT guage, I will say that my exhaust went purple, even at rich mixtures for running in the motor.

A couple of guys had exhausts break. I think there is already a better one now.

There is a new recoil starter spring modification, but apparently, on it's own, it wont cure a problem which has been flagged up by more than one chap. That being, if the starter handle, or any exposed length of rope, is allowed to flap around in the wind, it will wear the rachet in the starter gear, to the point where, eventually, it destroys itself, sometimes letting the rope, and handle, go back into the prop. Lovely !! I also think that, if the handle is mounted to the frame, and the engine mounts are softish, the movement of the engine would probably cause enough movement in the rope to engage the dogs enough to cause problems. Looking at using a bungee to modify mine to copy Clive's idea on the Bulldog.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic...

I have had to reduce the price of these as due to the time of year, (it's when business is quietest for me) I am desperate to sell just one of these to tide me over.

SO...I am happy to sell one of these at a Firesale price of £3500!!!!!!

That's nearly an £1100 saving from the current retail price...and these are boxed and brand new.

I've edited my original posting to reflect the change.

That Spanish brand you talked about Dan the man has never had any trouble with his.......Unless he has kept quiet about it! :wink:

My H&E did break a clutch a few years ago, and I had exhaust bracket cracks that I welded up with a radius but apart from that I just turn up and fly. Steve's Motors are a bargain for someone.