Revo2 possibly the best wing today for 99% of pilots ??

Thanks for the Fusion video. There is no substitute for actually flying the wing. I am looking for a replacement for the Reaction but need some more test flights on what's available. I am very happy with my Reaction and have no issues with its flight characteristics. But it is slower alongside others unless speed bar is used and is not the lightest to launch. On the plus side it is vitually bullet proof and does not roll or yaw like some of the rest and is hardly bothered by turbulence although the pilot may be!

Which of the new wings has the stability of Reaction combined with a light launch?

John

Revo2 or Fusion depending on experience. Although if I was buying again, even with limited experience I would opt for the Fusion.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

The Fusion Is an amazing wing but i would say not the the most Stable. But its rock solid!!! It does like to move above your head in rough air!!! The nucleon is more stable in rougher air.... The speedster is kind of in the middle of the two.

Make sure you try before you buy!!!!

Hi

The Fusion Is an amazing wing but i would say not the the most Stable. But its rock solid!!! It does like to move above your head in rough air!!! The nucleon is more stable in rougher air.... The speedster is kind of in the middle of the two.

Make sure you try before you buy!!!!

Thanks for the reply. I suspect I may be on a quest for something that doesn't actually exist-lighter on launch, slightly quicker for keeping up with the rest and yet as stable as the Reaction.

The main reason I am looking for stability is that I often take photographs while flying. In roughish conditions the Reaction will allow me to fly without worrying about the wing and continue to take photos. All other wings I have tried seem to be more busy above me and consequently throw me about more and I have to give up taking photos.

I would agree the Nucleon is not too bad but it does 'move' about more than Reaction in less stable air. The Plasma was slightly more mobile and my only flight on the Speedster was in in the evening.

The solution would probably be to keep the Reaction for photos and get a second wing after some test flights which feels the best for other flights. I should add I have flown about 500hrs PPG and 100 on PG.

cheers John

Hi John,

If you like the reaction som much and it is doing what you want it to do, why not a) keep the one you have or B) buy another new reaction :-)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :-)

SW :D

Hi Jcpphoto

If you are in my area you can come and have a go on my fusion if you wish... There is a fair selection of wings at hambrook... Synth, nucleon,Fusion,Speedster,Sky... Also there is a secondhand fusion26 and a nucleon29 UP for sale at the moment ... NOT MY WING'S...

I am sure we could arrange for you to come and have a fly with them all.

Thanks for the offer of some trial flights. If I am ever in the area I will look you up for sure. No plans at the moment but I may be in Southampton next year sometime for a 2 day photography course.

I am flying my second Reaction wing at the moment and it is still in excellent condition at nearly 200hrs. I just felt I'd like to try something else for my next wing but have less opportunity to try other wings living in Shetland.

John

• 10 months later...

I am very worried about Paramania,s safety policy.Is my problem a normal accepted occurance within Paramotoring?

Having read so many positive reviews on the Revo2 I purchased one and took ownership of it early this year 2012.

I have not seen or heard of Paramania notifying the Paramotor public on any forum that they distributed a batch of faulty wings. Paramania have been aware for quite a few months that they distributed faulty Revo 2 wings with A,B & C lines on the right side dangerously fitted incorrectly from the factory.

I am new to the sport. Has anyone else had any experience of dealing with Paramania?

I have become increasingly frustrated constantly chasing Paramania to agree a satisfactory fix to my faulty wing.

Surely their must be a safety obligation let alone professional standards expected of international manufacturers to ensure that all individuals that have received a faulty wing have been immediately notified of the fault ensuring the wing is grounded and every thing possible is done to correct the dangerous fault?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a dealer for many brands. I find Paramania one of the best for promptly coming forward to their dealers with and concerns and then issuing a full notice. Can't say other brand do that. A double edge sword though as if you admit a fault somewhere let everyone know you will then get shot down by others for having a fault... But ALL manufacturers will have their faults time to time. I know some other brands with major issues that were sorted and delt with as quiet as possible.

Hands down the Revo2 is one of the greatest wings for easy flying ppg. I firmly beleive that.

I'm a dealer for many brands. I find Paramania one of the best for promptly coming forward to their dealers with and concerns and then issuing a full notice. Can't say other brand do that. A double edge sword though as if you admit a fault somewhere let everyone know you will then get shot down by others for having a fault... But ALL manufacturers will have their faults time to time. I know some other brands with major issues that were sorted and delt with as quiet as possible.

Hands down the Revo2 is one of the greatest wings for easy flying ppg. I firmly beleive that.

+1 (150hrs down the line with the very 1st Revo2 off the line. 001)

It does drop like a stone though, but i've decided this is actually a plus for a PPG wing, because when I want to come down, I throttle back ....and plummet :D

Dan

Drop like a stone???

Are you talking fast trim or small wing for you all up weight?

I'm 85kg and the 29 was to big but the 26 felt nice. If I was wanting to push things a bit, I could easily use the 23.

I do also understand your comment about coming down fast when needed, so long as its not at the expense of economy when in normal flight.

Drop like a stone???

I'm 85kg and the 29 was to big but the 26 felt nice. If I was wanting to push things a bit, I could easily use the 23.

I do also understand your comment about coming down fast when needed, so long as its not at the expense of economy when in normal flight.

Vince mine was a 23 and it came down quick too, crap for economy as well.

Drop like a stone???

I'm also 85kg on a 26, and you're right it does feel good.

When I say drops like a stone, I mean 500ft/min. I know this because I accidentally hit the land button :oops: at 500ft and was on the deck in exactly 60 seconds. It was on video, so I was able to time it precisely.

I'm not sure, as this is my first and only wing, but is 500ft/min dropping like a stone? It felt quick.

As for fuel economy, I'm averaging 4l/hr

Dan

Hi Poz

Is this on full fast trim or on slow

500fpm seems a little fast to me unless you on full fast trim.

I know all the Speedsters i have flown seem to glide forever.. the only way to get them to come down fast is in a spiral then i can hit 25 down on my Vario... :wink:

Dan, I've seen the vid of you catching the land button! Just wondering is your kill switch a touch it once deal because on mine I have to hold it down till the motor stops or it just bumps itself back to life. I thought they were all the same?

Cheers lee.

Hi Lee

Mine's somewhere in between. If you press it just for a moment it will stutter and come back to life. In the video, I was trying to re adjust my throttle strap and was unknowingly making prelonged (couple of seconds) contact with the kill switch. Even when the engine had stopped, I couldn't figure out why :oops:

Hi Poz

Is this on full fast trim or on slow

500fpm seems a little fast to me unless you on full fast trim.

I know all the Speedsters i have flown seem to glide forever.. the only way to get them to come down fast is in a spiral then i can hit 25 down on my Vario... :wink:

On this occasion I was at neutral trim.

Dan