Revo2 possibly the best wing today for 99% of pilots ??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It beats me why paramania did not get back to steve do they have policy on how many dealers they can have in the uk?

They do like to keep a control on who sells there kit for sure. I have had a dealer network before for our Carbon products... I made the critical mistake of having to many. What happend was....

They all started to price war against one another and we ended up with a load of web based business basically giving the stuff away to get the sale. It totally de-valued 3 or 4 of our best products. (which required a £150k AutoClave oven to make)

The support also vanished as the dealer was not making enough money to be able to refund and or support any returns / issues raised.

SW :D

Doesn't really matter. Quite happy just supplying Dudek wings now, but would have been nice to get a reply. Maybe they never received it.

Anyway...enough of the thread hijacking about me.

Simon, did you have any of the trims without the threading for the revo2?

Might be the answer for the chap above who has issues pulling his in.

All the best

Doesn't really matter. Quite happy just supplying Dudek wings now, but would have been nice to get a reply. Maybe they never received it.

Anyway...enough of the thread hijacking about me.

Simon, did you have any of the trims without the threading for the revo2?

Might be the answer for the chap above who has issues pulling his in.

All the best

I get what your saying, but not my customer mate. I am not an Importer, just a dealer. :-)

I have one of the very first Revo 2's off the production line, (it might even be the first) serial: 0610001

I was my 1st wing and I was a complete novice with 8 training flights under my belt.

I got this wing as opposed to a Fusion because everyone told me that I couldn't have a fusion because I was too inexperienced. However the only reason given was that the Fusion is more sensitive on the brakes.

From day one, my one big complaint about the Revo 2 is the amount of brake input I need to make to get the resulting turn that I want.

I wish I had trusted my instincts and gone with the Fusion, as Mike Campbell-Jones (the only one) suggested to me on the phone.

I now have 30 hrs on my R2 and I do love it, but I'm already looking to trade for a more dynamic wing, as I was after 10 hrs.

Expensive mistake :(

Dan

THIS sounds like the classic mistake .... :(

I also in the past purchased wings that were not suited to me and as a result lost loads of hard earnt cash..... :cry:

However there is a (simples) solution a golden rule...never buy a wing without a test flight.....no fly no buy...

This rule is fine if you are not an absolute beginner. But it's really difficult to assess your equipment when you've got that whole adrenaline pumping through your veins thing going on, like you have during your first few post-training flights. You're just thankful that the wing got you back to earth safely.

As I said it was about 10 hrs that I realised how much more fun it would be with a bit more of a dynamic wing. However, I certainly do not speak for all newbies. Just me :)

I will try the wrap to see if that gives the wing a bit more ooomph, although I can't work out how to wrap with a throttle in my hand.

Poz, get yourself a set of these http://www.vuelolibre.com/product_info. ... cts_id=668

They are acro handles made by Sky paragliders and have a small T bar built in to the top of the webbing. Its much nicer than the bolt on large T bars and less likey to get tangled. They are really easy to use with the throttle and nicer than taking a wrap. They have magnets stitched in so are a direct replacement for the Paramania ones.

Poz, get yourself a set of these http://www.vuelolibre.com/product_info. ... cts_id=668

They are acro handles made by Sky paragliders and have a small T bar built in to the top of the webbing. Its much nicer than the bolt on large T bars and less likey to get tangled. They are really easy to use with the throttle and nicer than taking a wrap. They have magnets stitched in so are a direct replacement for the Paramania ones.

Thanks for the tip. They look good, but do you get as much extra as taking a wrap?

Cheers

Dan

• 1 month later...

I also in the past purchased wings that were not suited to me and as a result lost loads of hard earnt cash..... :cry:

However there is a (simples) solution a golden rule...never buy a wing without a test flight.....no fly no buy...

This rule is fine if you are not an absolute beginner. But it's really difficult to assess your equipment when you've got that whole adrenaline pumping through your veins thing going on, like you have during your first few post-training flights. You're just thankful that the wing got you back to earth safely.

As I said it was about 10 hrs that I realised how much more fun it would be with a bit more of a dynamic wing. However, I certainly do not speak for all newbies. Just me :)

I will try the wrap to see if that gives the wing a bit more ooomph, although I can't work out how to wrap with a throttle in my hand.

What size of Revo 2 have you bought? Maybe you should have tried a smaller size for a more dynamic response, without going up to a top advanced wing (Fusion) straight out of training...

What size of Revo 2 have you bought? Maybe you should have tried a smaller size for a more dynamic response, without going up to a top advanced wing (Fusion) straight out of training...

Size 26. I'm 85kg. Not sure I'd want a 23 as the nil wind landings on the 26 are fast enough for me :shock:

Hummmm....

I have to be honest here Poz, although it is fair to say that your comments have been bang on much of the time in your many hundreds of posts....

How can you be finding the Revo 2 to be landing fast at 85 KG on a 26? Its just bonkers?

Try this....

Keep your brakes all the way up, until 5 ft, then start to flare (quickly, slowing down during the flare) It should land very slowly.

Not assuming your flying is bad or anything like that mate... just trying to help as there is deffo something wrong if your finding the Revo 2 a fast lander.

well I flew my 23 tonight, very rough conditions, shortarse did not even get his kit out the pussy, anyway it was rocking and rolling all over the place but felt rock solid, may have to look at the brake travel as I seemed to have to put a lot in to get it to turn tight, landing was much steeper than my old wing, but that mite have been as I had forgot to pull the trimmers in and landed on reflex :roll::oops::D

nice wing though, cant wait for some better conditions to see what it can really do, the 23 gave me plenty of penetration into wind, glad I bought it. :D

Hummmm....

I have to be honest here Poz, although it is fair to say that your comments have been bang on much of the time in your many hundreds of posts....

How can you be finding the Revo 2 to be landing fast at 85 KG on a 26? Its just bonkers?

Try this....

Keep your brakes all the way up, until 5 ft, then start to flare (quickly, slowing down during the flare) It should land very slowly.

Not assuming your flying is bad or anything like that mate... just trying to help as there is deffo something wrong if your finding the Revo 2 a fast lander.

Thanks for the (much appreciated) input.

I agree, it is bonkers. During my training (on a Revo1 28) my landings were great, and I really thought I had it cracked

http://www.paramotorclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4078

(I'm afraid the vids been moved, but you can see the comments)

But since I got this 26 Revo 2, I've been touching down sooo fast. My trimmers cannot be pulled in any further.

It's got to the stage that I dread coming in because I know it's going to be traumatic.

I'm wondering if I'm unknowingly trying to land like I used to land the Cessna ie gently pulling back on the yoke, almost trying not to land until the aircraft lightly touches down. (600hr habit)

Maybe I need to be a little more aggresive with my braking action in order to utilise the energy.

When I was learning PPG, although my landings were good, I was just doing what and when I was told via the radio link with the instructor.

:?::?::?:

Oh, one other thing is that the wing will never fall back after landing, it always shoots past me. I got Pierre (PAP) to have a go and it did exactly the same to him. This suggests that the brakes are to long, but I've measured and adjusted them as per Paramania's updated instructions.

Hummmm....

Try this....

I agree, it is bonkers. During my training (on a Revo1 28) my landings were great, and I really thought I had it cracked

But since I got this 26 Revo 2, I've been touching down sooo fast. My trimmers cannot be pulled in any further.

It's got to the stage that I dread coming in because I know it's going to be traumatic.

I'm wondering if I'm unknowingly trying to land like I used to land the Cessna ie gently pulling back on the yoke, almost trying not to land until the aircraft lightly touches down. (600hr habit)

Maybe I need to be a little more aggresive with my braking action in order to utilise the energy.

When I was learning PPG, although my landings were good, I was just doing what and when I was told via the radio link with the instructor.

Oh, one other thing is that the wing will never fall back after landing, it always shoots past me. I got Pierre (PAP) to have a go and it did exactly the same to him. This suggests that the brakes are to long, but I've measured and adjusted them as per Paramania's updated instructions.

Hi Poz,

your story tells me there is definitely something wrong with the way you land or learned to land. You probably had no problems with your training kit as it was oversized for you, so you touched the ground like a butterfly.

You should not try to land the way a cessna lands, gently slowing down (applying breaks) till the wheels touch the ground. It just doesn't work like that, you need speed to be able to land and flare correctly a paraglider. So, as Simon said, hands up starting at about 50 feet, get some speed, and then flare at 5 ft with energy. The fact that the glider is always shooting past you is an indication that there isn't enough speed in your landing. You have to get used to the feeling of it, at teh beginning you feel like you are crashing to the ground at speed, but soon you understand that the speed is needed for better flaring.

I wonder though why you haven't learned this basic rule during training... Were you sleeping over the lessons eh? :mrgreen:

Hummmm....

Try this....

Hi Poz,

your story tells me there is definitely something wrong with the way you land or learned to land. You probably had no problems with your training kit as it was oversized for you, so you touched the ground like a butterfly.

You should not try to land the way a cessna lands, gently slowing down (applying breaks) till the wheels touch the ground. It just doesn't work like that, you need speed to be able to land and flare correctly a paraglider. So, as Simon said, hands up starting at about 50 feet, get some speed, and then flare at 5 ft with energy. The fact that the glider is always shooting past you is an indication that there isn't enough speed in your landing. You have to get used to the feeling of it, at teh beginning you feel like you are crashing to the ground at speed, but soon you understand that the speed is needed for better flaring.

I wonder though why you haven't learned this basic rule during training... Were you sleeping over the lessons eh? :mrgreen:

Hi Dede2008

Thanks for the input, but as I thought I'd indicated in my post, I know the correct way to land, it's not exactly rocket science.

My problem, if you'd have understood my post, isn't a case of not knowing what to do, but more a problem of 600hrs of coming in to land in a very different way ie a good habit for GA, but not so good for PPG.

As far as the wing shooting past my head, point taken and I'll pass on the advice to Mr PAP as well :D

Just read my post, and I don't mean to be short, but instead of playing Simon says, perhaps you can offer me some advice on getting over an inappropriate habit ....if you know what I mean :oops: ....there I go again. must have got out of the wrong side of the bed :wink:

;9 Yes I think I got it now, well if it is the habit you need to fix the only advise is practice practice practice ;) (Not easy especially if you still fly Cessnas eheh).

I think the best way is to get your brain to learn with practice that they are two different things, and automate your reactions so you don't have to think about it anymore.

• 2 months later...

Is there any video showing a launch without using the prop-wash to help it lift? My Reaction is not particularly 'light' to launch in nil wind but it will fly up just as easily as the Revo 2 in the video if a power launch is used. I've never tried any of the Paramania range but found both the Dudek Nucleon and the Ozone Speedster fairly easy to launch in very little wind.

John

Thanks for the Fusion video. There is no substitute for actually flying the wing. I am looking for a replacement for the Reaction but need some more test flights on what's available. I am very happy with my Reaction and have no issues with its flight characteristics. But it is slower alongside others unless speed bar is used and is not the lightest to launch. On the plus side it is vitually bullet proof and does not roll or yaw like some of the rest and is hardly bothered by turbulence although the pilot may be!

Which of the new wings has the stability of Reaction combined with a light launch?

John