ppg crash into street

If you now see hyperbole in the method you will recognise Kierkegaard as the model.

Could we all recognise how jolly clever and well read Francis is? .....

This example demonstrates how it can reinforce your arguments and add clarity to your logic.

There is no danger of other forum members detecting an intellectual inferiority complex, or thinking that you are trying to baffle them with nonsense.

I hope you are impressed.

No Peter not impressed at all. Your sneering is wasted on me and is easily answered.

The post you attempt to ridicule is an answer, directly to Alan, following his claim to "10th percentile" intellect. There is nothing "baffling" in adopting a provocative stance to initiate and sustain a debate; I have just proved it works well, according to Ian, describing it as "very clever".

Ian, you should not be so surprised; my agenda is clearly stated and by no means hidden. I have argued it in a number of places for a number of years for all to read. It is a simple solution to what I see as a growing problem that will eventually lead to some form of regulation; the exponential growth of take up of the sport, even if "incidents" remain at current levels per participant, will cause the number of them rise dramatically, eventually reaching the "threshold" Simon referred to.

Instructor registration to restrict instructing to those who can demonstrate some degree of training /qualification and mandatory training for paramotor pilots making it an offence to fly without having undertaken a recognised training course will address the growing perception that "something will have to be done".(At the outset Norman was talking of exactly that for his PMC sylabus, I recall?).

However to claim that I posted in MEN to provoke a debate here is tenuous as I have not posted here regularly or even at all for many months or years and only did so recently so people, such as yourself, will not have to rely on what you called less than PC posts to inform them of my true meaning and intent.

Slim, you say that instructors should be insured but you do not say how that can be audited? You make "bold assumptions" about the insurance status of current instructors in the UK, perhaps?

I really don't mind having to come in , repeatedly, and correct the misunderstandings and misrepresentations of what I say. I notice that all the opposing arguments, presented so far, have been opposing things I actually oppose myself and no-one has yet presented a case against instructor registration and mandatory pilot training except in the general "we don't want regulation" or in the specific "if Francis says it it must be ridiculous" senses .

I also notice a number of posts in support of the principles; the sneering about me, personally, is irrelevant.

I also notice a number of posts in support of the principles; the sneering about me, personally, is irrelevant.

It isn't though francis because without support from 'the people' the actual Paramotor pilots (as apposed to PG) that fly in this country, your mini mission will fail for sure.

Why not try, to post a message with the assumption that the people reading it are not completely stupid. You may just earn a little respect then, rather than self appointing / expecting it.

Work on your people skills dude!!

Weather for the best part of next week is looking amazing! next time your flying, just try to remember why you do it.

SW :D

It isn't though francis because without support from 'the people' the actual Paramotor pilots (as apposed to PG) that fly in this country, your mini mission will fail for sure.

Why not try, to post a message with the assumption that the people reading it are not completely stupid. You may just earn a little respect then, rather than self appointing / expecting it.

Weather for the best part of next week is looking amazing! next time your flying, just try to remember why you do it.

I meant it is irrelevant to me, Simon.

I am not on any "mission" I am putting forward a point of view and arguing for it in places I think it will gain support. It clearly has a measure of support in this forum with people who are able to see and agree with the principle without having to also have any liking for me (liking or not liking me is completely irrelevant). That is the way these things move forward. If it becomes illegal to instruct unless you are registered you will get registered, it won't matter how much or little support there is from paramotor pilots, if you instruct unregistered you will be breaking a criminal law. And I do not see PG as requiring the same system either as there is not the same potential problem looming there, I am just advocating it for PPG instructors. Also dont forget EASA and the harmonisation lobby would see us as ULM and be regulated as microlights.

I know why I "do it" (fly) and don't need any reminding. I also know why I seek to protect what I do and I have the means and the energy to do that too.

Uninsured and unqualified PPG instructors and uninsured and untrained PPG pilots are the two things that will nail the lid on our coffin. I don't need "people skills" to stick my boot into those two "types".

If you look at my first post you will see a polite correction of the misrepresentation that was being made of my comments.

What followed was several pages of posts, some abusive (which remain, unmoderated) to which I responded in a fairly restrained way or completely ignored), and some presenting opposing arguments which tried to attribute to me calls for regulations I do not want to see (wing registration and pilot licensing). I resisted these correcting the misrepresentation of my agenda. It appears to me that it is not me who is in need of people skill training in this forum.

Within all that there are several posts agreeing with that agenda to varying degrees.

The only posts of mine that would appear to make an assumption that the reader is stupid are the ones directed at the readers whose own abusive posts demonstrate that they clearly are.

What is your own position on instructors training students whilst uninsured, Simon?

If you look at my first post you will see a polite correction of the misrepresentation that was being made of my comments.

What followed was several pages of posts, some abusive (which remain, unmoderated) to which I responded in a fairly restrained way or completely ignored),

( I agree, I always remove posts if people ask when there name is mentioned. It is in fact a legal requirement)

and some presenting opposing arguments which tried to attribute to me calls for regulations I do not want to see (wing registration and pilot licensing). I resisted these correcting the misrepresentation of my agenda. It appears to me that it is not me who is in need of people skill training in this forum.

(again, thats your opinion to which you are entitled)

Within all that there are several posts agreeing with that agenda to varying degrees.

( Indeed there are, I myself as mentioned dont disagree entirely with your ideas.) Your just presenting them in a crap way.

The only posts of mine that would appear to make an assumption that the reader is stupid are the ones directed at the readers whose own abusive posts demonstrate that they clearly are.

Again, just my opinion to which I am entitled.

What is your own position on instructors training students whilst uninsured, Simon?

I cant wait until there is an insurance policy worth the paper its written on. I currently have someone looking very closely at the one I paid for to determine if it is even in fact legal.

I am happy with a good disclaimer at the moment due to the insurance on offer being inadequate when my policy expires I am not likely to renew it. I am not going to pay for something that is worthless to either party. I would however love for a good policy to exist and have indeed dedicated many hours to trying over the last few years. I will pay 10X what I was for a GOOD policy quite happily.

I have quite strong personal opinions about this at the moment, and am in fact unable to tell all at this time due to a current ongoing legal investigation that I initiated against an insurance company.

I am now off to bed after a very long weekend.

Night Night.

A "disclaimer" is virtually useless in the UK against second party claims of negligence (students) and completely irrelevant for third party claims like the car that gets trashed when the wing flies through the hedge or the horse that gets startled when trotting down the adjoining road or in your case the landing piper cherokee that gets tangled with the paraglider alongsdie the runway. Landowners, if they have any sense, will insist on insurance against "vicarious liability".

In America the disclaimer works to a greater extent which is why you have to sign pages of it whenever you do any flying there.

In the UK a person cannot sign away their statutory rights (whatever they sign) and it is a statutory right to be entitled to a duty of care from your instructor. The only defence, in the Uk, against negligence is to not be negligent.

Check out the latest info on this subject Francis.

Things have now moved in to a place where a disclaimer written correctly IS actually legally acceptable and used again by many.

I do think that everyone should have a 3rd party cover of at least a million though.

Well if i had read the bolton news with a dictionary in hand,i would have been more articlute with my posting, bmaa. group ppg.group, phg group.caa, etc, yep theres def/no agenda going on my little darlings.

There definitely IS an agenda "Jock". Make no mistake about it. It is my agenda and I am pursuing it, vigorously. You need to dig deeper and wider. Maybe get someone to read it to you?

Sounds like a man on a mission to me!!!!!

Francis you really are missing or ignoring the point of which almost everyone is saying on here, its not what you choose to say its how and when you say it, and on the pretense that you are speaking for the sport and others within this sport and in a position of authority, which you clearly DONT and are not.

The pure fact that NO ONE listens to your rambling's makes you brand us all neanderthal's.

Yet you still ignore what everyone is telling you STOP spouting off on our behalf, because you do not represent our sport/pastime and never will, a position which i am reliably informed is also the belief of the Authorities you spout on about that you so are in touch with they to want you to stop your ramblings as like us there very much bored of Francis Rich.

Thanks for that Simon I will look into it; I was advised some time ago and if things have changed that is good news.

Neilzy, you appear to be speaking for EVERYONE when you say that? Which seems to contradict your own advice to me. If you are seeking to teach me how to address people it is clearly not by example, you have been nothing but rude in your posts in this thread.

I am pretty sure if anyone in authority wanted me to be quiet on any subject they would get a message to me a bit more directly than through some bloke who knows a bloke who styles himself Neilzy on some internet forum.

To vigorously pursue some course of action (among many others) I do not call a mission but if you do then that is "semantics". I definitely do not claim to be speaking for anyone but myself. Several people here have agreed with the principle in what I have said so I am not alone in what I say even if you don't like the way I say it.

What you can be very certain of is that I won't stop talking just because some bloke calling himself Neilzy says I must because he thinks he is speaking for EVERYONE.

If you don't want to hear from me stop posting my name in everything you write; its starting to look like "obsession".

Francis sadly i am a tad obsessed with you so much so i have contacted a solicistor and supplied him with the email's from you to me and on Yahoo and especially the one where you say you will pay the difference to me for the loss i incured from you ramblings with the Flat top around £1500.

I speak of my experiance Francis of meeting other pilots from not just Paramotoring but Hang gliding circles to and without exception every one thinks your a Knob, so yes in this case i think i do speak for the majority in either way i most definatly speak for more than you.

I would point out that everyone on here is opposed to your irrelevant ramblings and you say im rude, i dont think ive actually stated that everyone one on here is a neanthadial idiot unlike you, so Francis dont say im rude take a closer look to home and as mentioned before you really need to work on your people skills, you are a nothing in this world and i must say although i find everything you say now hilarious and like everyone else take it as the ramblings of an utter idiot i do find it now quite boring!!!!

So maybe one day our path's may cross and i can assure you that you will not forget my name and pay heed to what people who know me say about me I suffer fool's lightly and your about as bigger fool as they come!!!!!!!

Neil....I don't aim to fall out with either Francis or yourself, but I will say that we all loose 1500 quid on a Flat Top as soon as we buy one. There's a huge possy out there who are transfixed with trying to discredit Dell Schanze (perhaps he deserves it ?) and subsequently run down the Flat Top (even if it's a pretty sound machine).....But I allowed him to come here to inspect my fairly new Flat Top harness (in the interest of everyones safety) and I have to say he did so thoroughly and in an unbiased manner. Not sure if any more will wear badly but atleast everyone who bought one has been allerted as to what to look for.

• 2 weeks later...