A nice way to bring up 800 hrs of flapping today

norbertflyer

Alan, I do have the 'first' photo somewhere (Lanzarote 1996)..... but where it is, is anyone's guess (an Edel Space, I think).

Glad to know you're still getting plenty of airtime.

I don't think another 800hrs will be possible due to age and 'bones', but another 2 or 3 years flying would be most welcome. The Konig engine will easily do another 800hrs!!!

Richard

Hi Richard,

I meant whereabouts is the location shown in your first photo posted :lol:

Glad to hear the Konig just goes on and on. Is it direct drive? So slow revving?

Can't remember how old you are, if you've ever said, I hope I've got another 10 years+

Cheers,

Alan

Dave,

It's only an old Sony Dsc-V1 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscv1/ . I think the decent lens is the key. Some of the earlier shots were all over the place due to the thermal activity. Before Xmas I bought the SLT A55 from Sony http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonyslta55/ to go with my old Minolta/Sigma lenses. I'll give this a go on the next flight, now the air temp is rising.

Richard

• 1 year later...
Clocked up the magic 1,000 flying hours today in the thermals. Shame it couldn't be on my old Konig which lasted 996.1 hours. New engine a bit tight but working well.

Richard.

new engine you will need to reach 120yrs on that.excelent, ,i was up ks 2day the thermals were working over the lz,nice and gentle,great photos.

Lovely gentle thermals today, especially on the mid afternoon flight, 400-600ft/min ish and gaining 1400ft ish each time.

Richard

file.php?id=902

Congrats!!! Just very curious as to what the circular feature is on this picture- some type of path or roadway?

How long have you been flying? Average hours per year?-

Gordon, it must be a horse training thingywhatsit. Tends to be more visible from time to time when it gets used more.

Coming up to 2000 flights this year since 1996. The early days were traded with scuba and windsurfing, so not as prolific in the air in those days.

Richard.