the seven bore anyone?????

morgy

Hi

I know that it has been flown before by a paramotor pilot and it is one thing i have wanted to do for a long time (i also want to surf it one day)

Luke said on sat he wanted to do it so i am now looking into more. I have found the times for the seven bore for next year and i plan to do a trip up to fly it...

http://www.severn-bore.co.uk/2011%20times.html

If anyone has got any info on the seven bore Ie take of site's etc it would be great to know.

I know it might be a tricky flight due to alot of media helicopters/people etc.

so the more info i can get the better...

Many thnaks

Morgy

I'd love to do that too. I don't mind that someone else has already done it.

Perhaps we should compile a list of other mini-missions. Here are a couple for starters:

Fly the length of the major rivers: Thames, Severn etc.

Fly around the M25 (I know it was done last year but that doesn't mean other people can't do it)

S.

I've been trying to work out how big a wing I'd need to turn Relativity into the first "SkyBoat" but I might need more horsepower than my RAD has to get 23 tonnes of rusty narrowboat into the air ;-)

But seriously, with all the lakes near me I'm really tempted to see if I can work out how to build a water launched "trike"

Perhaps I should just get myself back in the air first ;-)

S

Lay the wing out on the bank, set off briskly and hope it pops up before it gets to the water :-)

On landing, keep just enough speed up to keep the wing up until you get back to the shore and let it come over your head onto the bank :-)

Isn't theory a wonderful thing?

• 5 years later...
On 11/7/2010 at 10:09, morgy said:

Hi

I know that it has been flown before by a paramotor pilot and it is one thing i have wanted to do for a long time (i also want to surf it one day)

Luke said on sat he wanted to do it so i am now looking into more. I have found the times for the seven bore for next year and i plan to do a trip up to fly it...

http://www.severn-bore.co.uk/2011%20times.html

If anyone has got any info on the seven bore Ie take of site's etc it would be great to know.

I know it might be a tricky flight due to alot of media helicopters/people etc.

so the more info i can get the better...

Many thnaks

Morgy

Just pop over at the weekend fly-in :-) 

SW :D