my rotron has landed!

well, after much ear bending, pleading, and impatience on my behalf ive finally been and picked up my rotron today....and now im the proud owner of a 294 rotron monster!!!.

im a little aprehensive of the power as ive not really experienced torque effect, so steady on the throttle for a while!.

id be interested in any comments / advice from 294 owners ( are there any over here ) on handling the extra power and take of techniques etc if any different from the norm.

but other than that im looking forward to a more economical and smoother flight than the teeth chattering 2 smoke!

roll on the flying weather! :acro::acro: --- loop the loop being quite apt if i dont steady that throttle lol

well, after much ear bending, pleading, and impatience on my behalf ive finally been and picked up my rotron today....and now im the proud owner of a 294 rotron monster!!!.

im a little aprehensive of the power as ive not really experienced torque effect, so steady on the throttle for a while!.

id be interested in any comments / advice from 294 owners ( are there any over here ) on handling the extra power and take of techniques etc if any different from the norm.

but other than that im looking forward to a more economical and smoother flight than the teeth chattering 2 smoke!

roll on the flying weather! :acro::acro: --- loop the loop being quite apt if i dont steady that throttle lol

About a quater throttle will get you air bourne :D (true)

For a nil-wind take-off use between quarter and half throttle and you'll be off the ground in a dozen paces. On a reverse take-off a quarter is all you'll need.

Because the battery usually charges to full in under 30 minutes I carry an inverter in the car and can charge it on the field if it needs it but truth be told I get over 20 starts from a single charge.

Good luck and happy flying!

For a nil-wind take-off use between quarter and half throttle and you'll be off the ground in a dozen paces. On a reverse take-off a quarter is all you'll need.

Because the battery usually charges to full in under 30 minutes I carry an inverter in the car and can charge it on the field if it needs it but truth be told I get over 20 starts from a single charge.

Good luck and happy flying!

i couldnt remember who it was that had one, now i remember its your good self...

have you fitted any kind of restrictor to the throttle anywhere or are you just using a finger behind or something to limit the travel?...

how do you find it when airborne?..have u ever used full throttle or do you find it puts you close to a stall?..

do you have any tips for avoiding stall?...if im honest thats my main concern when in flight...i use a synthesis 34....and on reflex trim it does sink alot so i suppose it may not be as easy as im worrying about....but i dont think id like to hit it full on slow trim!!

thanks for the reply...and you simon...i hope mark is getting on well with my old macro now!

well my reserve is front mounted so no prob there...

and nice one psymon on your flight...i reckon quarter throttle should do it for me...as we are similar weights and my wing is a synth 34..

just need some sodding sunshine and less wind now!....great british weather...not!

have you fitted any kind of restrictor to the throttle anywhere or are you just using a finger behind or something to limit the travel?...

do you have any tips for avoiding stall?...if im honest thats my main concern when in flight...i use a synthesis 34....and on reflex trim it does sink alot so i suppose it may not be as easy as im worrying about....but i dont think id like to hit it full on slow trim!!

I find the throttle has enough spring in it not to warrant any kind of restrictor and that I seldom go to full throttle - it's just good know that the power is there should you get into sinking wind or need a bid extra for a nil wind takeoff.

Fantastic piece of engineering and better looking than my missus ! Must be nice to fly without the 2-stroke vibration ... :)

Bit puzzled by the quoted performance figures though - the 294 has an expected leap in Hp over the 160, but not such a correspondingly big increase in static thrust. Is that simply a limitation of the swept volume of air ?

Also, the Everest version develops monstrously high Hp & thrust for the same size engine (294cc) but has a much higher fuel burn rate. I'm obviously missing something as with that power I would expect it to be on tickover for normal flight, with the throttle being virtually redundant ? :?:

Clever little sod!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed ! By my rough reckoning thats 313 Hp per litre, which wipes the floor with any automotive engine (not sure what the world record is ....)

From wiki:

Highest specific engine output (power/unit displacement)

Petrol/Gasoline (naturally-aspirated) piston engine - 119 kW (161.8 PS; 159.6 hp) per litre - 1996 Ferrari F50 GT 559.3 kW (760 PS; 750 hp) 4.7 L V12

Petrol/Gasoline (forced-induction) piston engine - 151.2 kW (206 PS; 203 hp) per litre - 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ400 302 kW (411 PS; 405 hp) 2.0 L I4

Naturally-aspirated pistonless rotary engine - 140.5 kW (191.0 PS; 188.4 hp) per litre - Mazda RX-8 Renesis 184 kW (250 PS; 247 hp) JIS 1.3 L

Petrol/Gasoline (forced-induction) pistonless rotary engine - 158.46 kW (215.4 PS; 212.5 hp) per litre - Mazda RX-7 206 kW (280 PS; 276 hp) JIS 1.3 L

Hi Mark

Once again mate thanks for the help and advice with your macro, Just take it easy with all that power :acro: and hope to catch up for a fly together someday

Cheers Mark AKA (Rigger)

PS Might put a order in for a 160 Rotron just so I have the Parajet set :lol:

Hi Mark

Once again mate thanks for the help and advice with your macro, Just take it easy with all that power :acro: and hope to catch up for a fly together someday

Cheers Mark AKA (Rigger)

And for any body that does not know him., :?

he probably will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Petrol/Gasoline (forced-induction) piston engine - 151.2 kW (206 PS; 203 hp) per litre - 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ400 302 kW (411 PS; 405 hp) 2.0 L I4

Just like to disagree here, the Renault AlpineA442B 24 hours Le Mans car achieved 250 bhp per litre,

500 bhp from a 2 litre V6 turbo.

I know I'm sad :shock:

Cheers, Alan

Hi Mark

Cheers Mark AKA (Rigger)

you are welcome mark, hope you enjoy the sport....i certainly do.

well, theres a 160 that had my name on it!!...may be going spare!! ....all parajet macro's should have a big brother to keep them company!! lol

get one bought!

• 5 months later...
Factory Fresh !!!!!

Shame it has to go but i prefer racing than flying and the wife and kiddies think doing 150 on track is safer than flying at 40mph lol

Cheers Simon.

I don't think my wife and kids like the idea of me flying up in the sky at 40mph......Or doing 150mph on the road on my Suzuki Hayabusa....But I'm not giving up either of them!!! :D

Neil.. :D