Cold weather gear

alan_k

I brought one of these:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OXFORD-CHILLOUT-W ... 3ef2eb058c

Not the cheapest but works very well.

I think they also do a turtle-neck version of the Oxford product - I'm sure one of our engineers in Great Yarmouth has one for biking. My son also wear some of their thermal socks when playing football this time of year and swears by them!

Simon, I could do with one of those for standing on the terraces at Burton tomorrow!

I've tabbed that site and will look at getting hold of one as and when I get into the air. As it happens I'm waiting until January now for my kit, so I've got time to save up....

This is the one I have...

EXO² STORMRIDER Heated Body Warmer

Manufactured using a new, breathable, lightweight, waterproof & windproof fabric called AirXtream. Its body hugging characteristics help the resulting heated garment to look equally stylish on men or women. Indeed the EXO² FabRoc® Heated panel technology is so versatile and robust it can even be hand washed!

The heated panels are located at the upper back, kidney area, chest and front shoulders and maintain a constant 50°C.

The vest is powered by straightforward connection to the motorcycle battery via the supplied loom or from an optional rechargable power pack. ( Note: When using the optional power pack, heat operates in the kidney area only).

Power Requirement - Bodywarmer draws approx. 4.1Amps at full power

Power Packs must be ordered separately if required - see below

Product Code: 01-023-D

Price: £179.99 + battery pack(s) and charger. (£50 for one.)

It is quite pricey, and to be fair I dont often plug it into the motor so if you are thinking of getting one, the battery powered kidney and back one will do the same job.

• 1 month later...

I was given a Nash zero tolerance second skin fishing thermals They cost £29 and are very very warm i have flown in +2c with just my thermals ,fleace,jeans and my summer flying suit. I have to say i any very impressed with them for the money. i was never cold at any time during the flight.

http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/product.php?id=190

If you are looking for something cheep and warm then look no further

I was given a Nash zero tolerance second skin fishing thermals They cost £29 and are very very warm i have flown in +2c with just my thermals ,fleace,jeans and my summer flying suit. I have to say i any very impressed with them for the money. i was never cold at any time during the flight.

http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/product.php?id=190

If you are looking for something cheep and warm then look no further

I bought a set of these Nash thermals from the local fishing shop yesterday. Excellent value, got them for £25.00!!......... :D