Winter Thermals

I usually fly after about 4 pm in Summer to avoid a bumpy ride.Never flown much after September.

Now the early nights are coming are those winter thermals gentle enough for all day flying?

Flying (any time of day) in the winter is some of the smoothest flights you will ever have, most pilots miss this perfect weather just because its a bit on the cold side.

Just go and do it.

I flew this morning for 50 mins.

For the entire flight I did not hit even the smallest thermal. It was as I say, silky smooth to the max!

This is when I love to fly, its when the wing comes alive and the visuals are stunning! Valley mist, and a 1500ft tower of perfectly vertical steam from the distant power station.

2 hot air ballons.

Just ace!

DONT PACK YOUR KIT AWAY FOR THE WINTER. get some warm kit and as pete says, extend your flying window by 3-4 months!

SW :D

I flew this morning for 50 mins.

For the entire flight I did not hit even the smallest thermal. It was as I say, silky smooth to the max!

This is when I love to fly, its when the wing comes alive and the visuals are stunning! Valley mist, and a 1500ft tower of perfectly vertical steam from the distant power station.

2 hot air ballons.

Just ace!

DONT PACK YOUR KIT AWAY FOR THE WINTER. get some warm kit and as pete says, extend your flying window by 3-4 months!

SW :D

If all goes well I should be finishing work early tommorow, sticking my kit in the van and heading over to my new flying site

Fingers crossed :wingover:

Dave

If all goes well I should be finishing work early tommorow, sticking my kit in the van and heading over to my new flying site

Fingers crossed :wingover:

Dave

So did you manage to get out flying Dave ?

Where is this secret site? :wink:

Any pics from the air ?

Andy

Bloody typical, got a phonecall about midday to go over to a job in greenwich GGGRRHHHH!

still all is good I have tommorow off work YIPPEEEEEEEE! :D

Dave