Prop Repair course.

All,

For those that dont know, my last company was a Carbon Fibre company that produced Carbon for TVR, Ducati, and Harley Davidson 'Buell'

Now then...

I keep getting asked if I can repair peoplels props, so.....

I have pile of props here that I need to mend and thought that it would be good to show others how I choose to do it.

I was thinking of offering a one day short course at my house ' in my new garage with loads of space'

You could bring your own broken prop with you and attempt to repair it during the day.

If there are 5 people happy to pay £10 I will buy the CORRECT resins and the rest of the kit needed to repair a load of props.

Just a thought, I may be barking up the wrong tree.

SW :D

Put me down for a place Simon (timing dependant) as my prop is still with the 'nice propellor repair man' after over SIX weeks for minor repairs!

Not a happy bunny.

I may not have my own prop to repair for the course (unless I ding mine when/if I get it back in time) so I'm happy to repair one of yours if you are happy for me to do so!

Cheers

Mark

:propbreak:

Hi Mark, yes we are still waiting for our spare props to be repaired by the "nice prop repair man" If memory serves me right l posted mine to him on or around the 29th June 09. He then lost it for three weeks 'cos he didn't find the little card that the posty leaves so it was left at the post office.

I had to chase it up through the Post Office channels then phone him to say where it was.

The last conversation which there were about half dozen over the phone to him, was the reply "l don't rush things and l always take time over the repairs.

So it looks like myself, Mark and probably a few others are still waiting. I will ring him again asap, but l don't have much hope me thinks. :roll::roll:

hi simon please put me down for this session to fix carbon props I think it will be useful as i have had my pusle prop hit my macro on take off ( when in the the air ) to much power LOL :D

you don't have to use it all (it just nicked the tank protectors)

:D:D mark

• 11 months later...

Did this course take place?? I can not find any further reference to it! I have just bought a Mosquito powered harness for my hang glider and it came with a spare prop, a carbon fibre one which has "lost" about 50mm from each tip. I do not know how much effect this will have on the power but I suspect it will be quite a lot. Can it be repaired??? The engine is a Radne Raket engine with a redrive of about 3 : 1.

Put me down for this one Dell/Dave, Rodney. can you repair the wing tips on the macro props? or reform them? make them?.

Pulse prop tips yes.

I can repair / replace up to about 10 inches from a Macro Pulse Prop. (turned in tips) as I have made a mould for the job.

SW :D