NATS

Guest leoibb

just curious , i have been informed that the nats is a non profit set up? they charge 65 pounds per flier?

they have burger vans. they have a small camping fee?

so my question is if all the volunteers are free were does all the money go? they try get field for free

if there was fifty fliers and 200 people entering the venue i can fairly easiliy come to five grand, and no one is making money?

i know here is toilets to hire. but also they charge for burger vans standing, so were does all the money go? does anyone know this? i cant see based on this how no one is making money

Hi Leo

I know nothing about the finances of the NATS but there is a difference between people being paid for their time and making a profit!

I would guess that the some of the people involved are being paid and that there are costs to deal with (as there always are) so the money raised is being used in full so there is no profit left.

Cheers

Eddie

i see well this is it i was told everyone is volunteer and does not get paid and they would not survive if it wasnt for sponsorships which i struggle with because the amount coming in would cover, also i was told that they dont charge for burger vans because they wouldnt go , i do find that strange too,

something just dont seem to add up. i think what you said is more probable there is people making a wage from it

i see well this is it i was told everyone is volunteer and does not get paid and they would not survive if it wasnt for sponsorships which i struggle with because the amount coming in would cover, also i was told that they dont charge for burger vans because they wouldnt go , i do find that strange too,

something just dont seem to add up. i think what you said is more probable there is people making a wage from it

Not sure of your motive here or if you have been to the Nats before?

I went to the one near Stroud that used Pier's field and just looking at the flying, camping and family facilities that had 'appeared' in a previously deserted field, it is easy to see where the money goes.

If you know of a source of cheaper equipment, I'm sure they will be delighted to use/borrow it?

Why have a burger van when sit down Thai food is so good?

Cheers

Paul

im lost what ya on about? you sayin everyone eats tie food? im asking were the money goes? if fields are free and toilets are cheap then were does the money go? simple question , if you do not know then do not answer please

im lost what ya on about? you sayin everyone eats tie food? im asking were the money goes? if fields are free and toilets are cheap then were does the money go? simple question , if you do not know then do not answer please

Leoibb - get in touch with this man and get back to us with your findings.

Andy Phillips

Chairman

UK PPG Competitions Committee

and Competition Director

To be paid for

The field

Toilets

Showers

Generator

Fuel for above

Marque for briefings

Sound system

Tables and chairs

Main operations office

equipment to score

Kicking sticks + repairs

Posts and tape to mark out areas

To name but a few.

NO ONE gets paid they ALL volunteer

Your help will be appreciated so please come and help and you can and find out first hand :D

Pete b

as far as i am aware there is speak of charging the campers a tenner a night? very high is this

Not sure yet but you are not paying to just camp in a field with nothing going on, you can fly as well (at selected times due to the comps.

It is worth going I go every year and class it as one not to miss.

Pete b

yes i was ther last year and know what its about, i know its a competition for fliers but most fliers have kids wife and it might be nice to have more there going on for the family it may attract more local people too if advertised well.

i dont think i am the only one if i say our lass moans and the kids moan because it aint for them and if they dont go i dont go and i dont think i am the only one thinking like this, and i am curious how many people would go if there was only a good day for kids and wife,

but i do know what it is about and if they run it at a loss havin more there for families might attract a bigger and wider market audience? which will bring more revenue in.

Why would your wife stop you from doing something that you really enjoy doing??

What would she say if you told her that she could not do something that she really enjoyed doing?

I may be lucky then because my wife would never stop my going to any fly in, and I would not stop her from doing her thing.

Trust, compromise and understanding make for a good marriage foundation.

Pete b

'Trust, compromise and understanding make for a good marriage foundation. '

So that's what makes your eyes wobble in their sockets Pete :?: That is you in the top corner isn't it :?:

Seriously it is great to hear of others that have a wonderful relationship.

Mind you I don't know what I'd do if SWMBO said I couldn't go flying :evil:

Alan

Trust, compromise and understanding make for a good marriage foundation.

Pete b

Unfortunately, as any medic or police officer will tell you, there are all too many based on fear, domination and anger, with a massive spread spectrum in between.

Not everyone is as lucky as you (and I) Pete. Not only do I get to fly pretty much when I like, but I got to strip the motor on the front room carpet too. Amazing really, cos five years ago we almost split cos I was being a selfish barsteward.

no she dont stop me as in hold me back but i feel when i go flyin there is always in my mind this, i could be doing something with the family rather than on my own, if that makes sence, i have often wondered if its the right or wrong way to think lol , but yes going away flyin for a few days is great but without the family with me it aint so great if that makes sence

no she dont stop me as in hold me back but i feel when i go flyin there is always in my mind this, i could be doing something with the family rather than on my own, if that makes sence, i have often wondered if its the right or wrong way to think lol , but yes going away flyin for a few days is great but without the family with me it aint so great if that makes sence

Makes perfect sence, good for you :)