Emails

brmotor

Morning folks.not been on here for a very long time due to various situations ,as yet if never flown but keep an interest ,thing is I've just had a couple of emails that a puzzling from Simon westmore ,just wondering that's all.

Cheers jon

Edited by brmotor

Dear all, 

As has thankfully been guessed, my account was indeed hacked last night (we have now solved this problem of course) :-):-)

The Police are involved so I can't say too much more at this stage but please fear not and also!!! I am going nowhere and nor is the site!. :-):-)

So you can stay feeling happy, you should also know that the Club site does not hold ANY banking or personal information about you (thats WHY we use paypal) You honestly have nothing to worry about. 

I do of course need to suss out all of the cancelled subscriptions and how to rectify that. But I am confident.

As I say, It's hard for me to say anything more about this at the moment but I will send out more info when I know I can.

Once again, please do bear with me and I will pop out stronger! 

SW :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

glad for this thread as i got a highly unusual email...(see below)

fortunately, i am used to hackers sending out this kind of stuff (i own my own webhosting VPS and administer it and this stuff happens a lot).

What i find interesting about such emails, when i read stuff like the following, the alarm bells start ringing immediately... "If you've met Simon, you know he varies from polite and energetic to abusive and immature....Simon had an abusive childhood, even though hes not allowed to work with children"

The idea that another business would put something like this out there in the public domain is hugely foolish, indeed even business suicide. Simon, my hope is that if this is an attempt at payback, you sue the crap out of the mongrels who did this when they are caught!

From: www.Paramotorclub.org <noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com>

Hi adamjedgar, 

Simon has left his computer logged on, I should not be writing this. This is an important message about him. 

If you've met Simon, you know he varies from polite and energetic to abusive and immature. We've accepted this as the Simon we know, but I'm concerned his behavior is getting worse. 

For those that don't know, Simon had an abusive childhood. Even though he's not allowed to work with children, he's done remarkably well to considering his background. 

But as he's getting older this is becoming more of a problem keeping control of his past. It is down to having such a strong community that he thinks he controls. He bans or removes members for the slightest infraction. The ground school he runs he rules with an iron fist and a lot of the students have been upset by their treatment. 

The answer is simple, remind Simon that you make this place what it is. 

Simon, you're doing a great job. You just need to stay strong.

• Like 1

When the details are disclosed and the culprit identified, I’m afraid protection of my identity and of course my children take preference.

We are a community and just because someone says there is nothing to worry about doesn’t mean there isn’t.

I am sorry to write this but a lifetime in the military and the private security industry in some of the most undesirable places on this planet make me sceptical of anyone.

Simon explain how this happened and how the allegations came about or lose members.

regards

Jakal

ive had emails to say someone has tried to log on to my account ? They obviously have my email address but not sure what they are trying to do?   Not going to risk anyone hacking me so im off im afraid. Dont want anyone getting into my computer.  Good luck all. Cheers

46 minutes ago, admin (Simon W) said:

That's your call of course. all of those emails were fake and sent by the person who logged into my account. It honestly is as simple as that. When I am allowed to fully explain I will, until then you can either trust me when I say you have nothing to worry about or we can remove your account

Hi toploader,

We have detected 3 failed log in attempts to your account from Rotherham, Rotherham, S63, United Kingdom.

If this wasn't you, someone else may be trying to access your account. These log in attempts were unsuccessful. You may however want to change your password for greater security, especially if you use the same password on other websites.

This is what ive received

Hi Simon,

I apologise for jumping to conclusions, it was maybe the frustration that some scumbag actually did this to you which is obviously having a massive knock on effect to other members of the community.

I was so happy and still am to have found this website in the first place and I hope the culprit is brought to justice for his or her actions.

I had an email 10 minutes ago stating that there was 3 failed attempts to log in to my account from the USA.

It was asking me to reset my password which I won’t be doing as I am logged in already.

Good luck with getting it all back on track, it’s a fantastic community with a wealth of good information.

cheers

Jakal

• Upvote 1

The only real risk I can see is people can a) use your password (so change it if you have used elsewhere) and b) use your personal details to try and scam you.

Both of those scenarios are already out there, so leaving now probably doesn't achieve anything. 

Disclaimer: I dont know what details they may have eg DOB etc

Hope you get this sorted Simon, whatever their motives it isnt nice to see someone doing their best for the community to have all this hassle. 

17 hours ago, jakal said:

When the details are disclosed and the culprit identified, I’m afraid protection of my identity and of course my children take preference.

We are a community and just because someone says there is nothing to worry about doesn’t mean there isn’t.

I am sorry to write this but a lifetime in the military and the private security industry in some of the most undesirable places on this planet make me sceptical of anyone.

Simon explain how this happened and how the allegations came about or lose members.

regards

Jakal

Im not happy that they have my email details to be honest. I get enough crap coming through everyday without this. Im not interested in what Simon does or has done and dont want someone sending me these emails or trying to get into my account so im off. I will ask simon to cancel my account. Hope he gets it sorted for the rest of you. 

9 hours ago, admin (Simon W) said:

That's your call of course. all of those emails were fake and sent by the person who logged into my account. It honestly is as simple as that. When I am allowed to fully explain I will, until then you can either trust me when I say you have nothing to worry about or we can remove your account

Hi, please remove my account asap. Cheers

The passwords CAN NOT be accessed or downloaded, nor can any of the personal information that almost non of you have filled in. 

Worst case is, the emails have been downloaded but nothing else can be as is does not exist in the admin area. (which is what was accessed) 

Anyone who wants to be removed, PM or post here... I will action it immediately.