Any schools or PPG airfields in Bucks area?

Hi

Am thinking about taking a PPG course next summer.   I'm in High Wycombe, Bucks.  Closest course I can see is Membury (1 hour away).  

Are there any launch spots close to High Wycombe?

I'm guessing Booker / Wycombe Air Park is too full of helicopters and light aircraft to make it safe for paramotors?  Shame, because it's on my doorstep.

• 2 months later...

hi i live near chequers in bucks Aylesbury. i have a site. but iam the only allowed to fly at the moment. but once you've passed your solo flight and had a few flights. summer time you can have a flight where iam .iam not a novice. and check out a video i did on u-tube time will tell.     

Edited by TONYPARAMOTOR
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/04/2018 at 23:19, William Smith said:

Hi Tony.  Nice video.  What was the mistake? Looks to me something like excessive turning while unpowered caused a partial collapse.   I've never power motored but I've done around 50 skydiving jumps. 

sorry, William i have just noticed your comment. without being rude .you having 50 skyjumps means nothing. the only common thing is =air. my mistake is i pulled too hard on the riser .the paramotor wing is a ozone viper 3. 3 riser  it reacted too quick.   my mistake. but due to my experience, i was shitting myself inside my mind. because of my experience.. mx.being a roofing contractor and dealing with fear. i know for a fact .pannicking will not help... i have well over one thousand air hours... and with that .flying is like life always learning. iam human i make mistakes. the collapse is called a cravat. and as the seconds go by i decided to untangle the cravat.for which i still had control.= partial. regained my composer . and headed to my LZ get home for afew beers. ;0) flying is like life always learning......... oh after i had a few beers i changed my pants they where white now brown......   hope this helps a ski jumper.

Edited by TONYPARAMOTOR

The video shows:

Left hand spiral. Only left brake is visible, can't see what right is doing. 

Comes out of left spiral, very quickly, feet up to horizon. Just at the end of the feet to horizon, you can see right brake is pulled right down. Is this where the cravat happened?

When you say you "pulled too hard on the riser", do mean the brake?

• 2 weeks later...

yes pulled too hard with the brake. because the ozone viper 3 is very sensitive.not all wings are the same. different brand of wings react differently. hence the spiral lock..= g-force. but because iam use to the g-forces iam use to it.because i practice...... ive even done a spiral creating g -forces and snapped the seat harness board.changed to carbon fibre. a cravat can just happen doing any type of acro . its not lethal.. there is some control.and there are options.  oh can anyone show me a sat with a paramotor using a ozone viper 3???  or iam i the only one ? or try doing a spiral then feel the ....force its called experience. and i need experience no matter how many air hours i have ;0|

Edited by TONYPARAMOTOR

• 1 year later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:16, admin (Simon W) said:

We teach all year round :-):-) summer time becomes much busier so why not for for it now! :-):-)

For local pilots near you, take a look at the Member map. 

Welcome to the Paramotor Club. 

SW :D

Hi Simon

What is the rough cost of a beginner coarse with you as you are my closest ground so I can save up for next summer.

Thanks Nick