Logbooks

Well, you have spoiled the supprise a little with this one...

We aim to have online logs available very soon on this very site.

you can print, save, or just store online forever if you like.

About 2 weeks left for this one to happen.

SW :D

If for now you keep a simple record in an Excel spread sheet I will be able to import the info across into your log when live.

Info needed is,

Date, Time, location, Conditions (met) , Wing, Motor, duration, destination, comments.

SW :D

Edited by Guest

While an Excel log is handy/convenient... make sure to keep a hard copy as your primary. AFE do a good book for around £8. Designed for PPL, but Ok for Paramotoring.

If you ever want to apply for an IAA Exemption in Ireland, then you have to submit your logbook.

Good idea keeping one- everyone should do it.

http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_i ... cts_id=199

www.afe

GD

Here's the 22nd Century approach.....

I've PDF'd my Excel logbook out to 'show off' some of the features that i've built into this neat little Excel spreadsheet.

This creates a neat little summary of my flying activity on page 1 from the information on the log on page 2.

I keep a hard copy logbook as my primary- this is only a backup.

http://www.gordondunn.co.uk/forumdownload/Logbook.pdf

Regards,

GD

I've PDF'd my Excel logbook out to 'show off' some of the features that i've built into this neat little Excel spreadsheet.

This creates a neat little summary of my flying activity on page 1 from the information on the log on page 2.

Regards,

GD

Now, Gordon, that is neat!!!!

Its a great idea mate

do a search on ebay, theres loads on there, I found my log book from when I was training to fly a microlight the other day and had a read through it, thats why I prefer a hard copy type rather than a PC based one, one day when you are old and crusty you can have a glance through your log book and think of all the wonderfull times you had flying, you wont do that with a PC based one.

As is said in my previous postings- keep the hard copy book as your primary- this is a legal necessity in some countries, as an electronic copy cannot be deemed trustworthy.

The Excel version has many advantages over the hard copy though-

Automatic totalling, averaging, maintainance schedule awareness (Especially if you fly 2 different machines regularly), also great for detecting patterns in flying habits/characteristics.

You can also produce custom reports based on any of the criteria entered-

For example a summary of all the flights from a certain field, using a motor wing combination, between 2 dates, etc....

You'd be a long time doing this using your primary hard copy only. I've got my Excel version referenced to the page number and entry number in the logbook anyway-for easy reference.

GD

(PS- you don't have to 'Quote' every posting when you reply- we can simply read the thread above- if postings are too long (incorporating quotes) they take up a lot of space on a small monitor, and are awkward/tiresome to read. :? )

Regards,

GD

Any chance of this spreadsheet being available for download Gordon? All personal data removed of course...it's just I love the idea and feel many people here would benefit from it... :)

Cheers,

Ben

• 1 year later...