Air Conception Nitro 200cc

custom-vince

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of fun flights recently. Flew over Grafham waters. Trainers were a bad choice, not ideal anyway but it was nice. The problem is damp grass on landing causes a long difficult slide, that happened last time I wore them and landed late on damp grass. Fine in the dry.

• Like 2

This flight with a different camera position, chest mounted, nothing much happened, just a bimble about, met some friends in the air.

The key realisation on this flight was how much equipment has moved on over the years. Often talk about economy, efficiency etc. I was flying at an average speed after accounting for wind 48kmh while burning 3lph on a 19m wing.. to put that in perspective one of my early machines way back when would burn 9 litres in 1hour 15min at 25kmh. That is huge leaps in performance. The difference it makes to me is also huge. I launch lighter 24kg with the lesser fuel instead of 36kg brimmed, I go further and get there faster. Locally to me this means instead of flying one village away and back and not launching in anything over 5mph head wind due to slow speed with wind gradient. I now take in 2 towns, 4 villages all on less than 5 litres of fuel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

sometimes I like to get high... no really its not always low flying. Flew out on this fairly cloudy day, but just got outside my local airport hub and could climb a bit then and look back of the cloud. Love little surprise moment like that, looked stunning.

Edited by custom-vince
  • Like 3