Problem with hang point on Parajet Macro?!?!

I wonder if someone can help me?

I have a Parajet macro and when I do a hang test I seem to end up like a human blender rather than a paramotorist (i.e. my props end up pointing down). I am using the correct hang point according to my weight and so I’m a tad confused. Here’s what I mean:

Chillaxing.jpg

I weigh 14stone which is about 88Kg so I definitely should be in the hole marked 75Kg – 90Kg but yet I end up looking like I’m going to bed!!!

HangPoint.jpg

To correct the problem in the hang test I end up using the hole for (55Kg – 65Kg)… which just can’t be right, and may even be dangerous for flying.

Can anyone suggest what is wrong or have any of you (with Macro’s) experienced anything like this?

Many thanks ahead of time for any suggestions or assistance received.

Lee

Hi reactionjackson you second photo with arrows is incorrect ,there where you have 55-65 mean to be 110-120 all up including motor

with your black and white photo if you are heavy you need move towards the right side ,or if you hang to much backwood you need move your hang points close to back rest or pivots if you like .

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON VOLUTION 2 MACRO, DONT GO BY WHAT THE WEIGHT ON THE ARMS SAY.I HAD MINE AT 90-100KG WHEN I MOVED THE POINTS BACK TO 50-60 IT WAS PERFECT,I WAS TOLD THE SETTINGS 90-100KG WERE FOR SOMEONE 6FT PLUS AT 90-100KG 1 WAS 96KG.BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN MOW THE GRASS AT THAT ANGLE..LOL MOVE THEM BACK ONE HOLE AT A TIME YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE,

So you're just too short then! I'll hijack or add to the discussion because I was also wondering if I'm flying a bit too far reclined, although not quite to the same standard!

Here's me on the correct hole, too far reclined??

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByPMC Forum1366049391.333705.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from Dorset on my iPad probably whilst drinking wine, lying in the sofa using PMC Forum mobile app

move hang point back one hole take another pic see the difference,

Also get someone to simulate what the hang angle looks like when under power by getting them to push against the prop hub..

Some designs are more extreme than others depending on the geometry of harness/frame which can make the hang feel ok when static, but can pin you against the risers on a full power take off

:fail:

Thanks to everyone who has replied - you've put my mind to rest... I thought I was missing something a bit daft.

I did end up getting it right (ney better) by going back about three holes but, as Trickyh says, I didn't know how to account for the thrust of the prop. I don't want my first flight to be a baptism of fire!!!

So you're just too short then! I'll hijack or add to the discussion because I was also wondering if I'm flying a bit too far reclined, although not quite to the same standard!

Here's me on the correct hole, too far reclined??

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByPMC Forum1366049391.333705.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from Dorset on my iPad probably whilst drinking wine, lying in the sofa using PMC Forum mobile app

Defo back a hole..

SW :D

It can be tricky to set-up on your own - you can get the angle right while doing a hang-test and then it can be completely wrong when you apply power. You either need to do your hang-test with someone pushing on the prop (to simulate power), or you start a little back from the ideal angle and fly it briefly and adjust. Given everyone's different shapes and sizes, the recommended settngs may not be correct for you.

Dom