RT Course.

All,

Today I sent out a shed load of e-mails to people who can provide RT courses for PPG use. (Air Band Radio course)

I have already had a few replies and it is very likely that I can arrange for a Paramotor Club RT course and attract a good discount (in a few places around the UK)

If you have any interest in this, assuming money and location are good, please say 'Roger that' Over.

SW :D

I'm very, very, very bored in a Japanese hotel room.

Seriously though, getting someone to provide a course tailored to paramotoring is a really great idea and proper use of airband VHF by us would really do wonders to broaden the minds of the GA community about our existence.

Although...

The course covers the RT test, and the licence costs £15. (think of it as a TV licence not a 'test' )

Yes you need a new radio, (becasue it's Airband if nothing else)

So not as much of a drama as it may read.

While in no way can I advocate any practice which breaks the law I would love to know how many gliders light aircraft and microlights are operated in the UK without 'legal' radio set ups.

All,

I have arranged for RT training and exams to be held at Lambourn for Paramotor Club members.

Although this may be a pain for some the days to choose from for the first course are Thursday and Friday.

Each day will consist of 2 x 2-hour lessons and you can expect to need to attend 5 including final exam.

The course and exam have a very high pass rate so do not feel concerned about this.

I guess the question is, who still wants to do it, and which day would be your chosen one.

I will have a total price for this very soon.

Hi Simon, It would be a sort of revision, but l havent used RT procedure for many years now and to commit to a day will be hard for me as l have taken quite a few days of this year for the Tip to Tip and the Dartmoor training weekends. As it is we have one current Pilot in RT procedure (SP) l believe, and obviously two would be more beneficial for the Tip to Tip, so although l may not be current l can be a standby. (your thoughts on this Simon).

Mike