Flying With Paraglider Or Paramotor Wings

I currently fly an ITV TOMAHAWK which is a Leasure wing, not made for paramotoring but has paramotor risers fitted. I really like the way it flies and its also pretty easy at launching.

I was wondering if its possible to fly a normal paraglider wing (without paramotor risers) with a paramotor.

I have yet to purchase a paramotor wing but hope to find one soon.

If flying with a paramotor, what would be the main difference between:

• Paraglider wing

• Paraglider wing with paramotor risers

• Paramotor wing

I started of with my ozone Buzz Z without power trimmers (SLOW) and used to oscillate like a pig... some PG wings be fine But will Be SLOW

PG with trimmers will be faster but still slow compared to a PPG wing

PPG faster more stable and can fly hands off all the time....

Have a demo on PPG wing and you will not look back

All the best

Mark

I haven't found PG wings slow at all at trim compared to PPG wings of the same size. I've flown 8 different PG wings under power and 4 of those for more than 200 hours each and never experienced any oscillations. PG wings have always been more efficient, better to thermal and easier to land and launch.

Other debatable PG attributes above PPG are proper EN Certification across the full speed range, more agility and simplicity.

The two types of wings' profile technology appear to be merging now and that might be quite exciting for all of us. No more inefficient deep profiles with massive cell openings on dedicated PPG wings.

Richard

PS - Ozone Buzz Z received very good reviews for its flying behaviour, especially the Gleitschirm Magazine test.

Some of the latest paraglider wings perform very well with a motor, especially if they are heavily loaded, my paraglider wing will do about 60 kph, I fly it mainly hands off when using a motor, it cuts through thermals without pitching back.

Others are not so good, I had one that used to oscillate every time I tried to fly with hands off.

I haven't found PG wings slow at all at trim compared to PPG wings of the same size. I've flown 8 different PG wings under power and 4 of those for more than 200 hours each and never experienced any oscillations. PG wings have always been more efficient, better to thermal and easier to land and launch.

Other debatable PG attributes above PPG are proper EN Certification across the full speed range, more agility and simplicity.

The two types of wings' profile technology appear to be merging now and that might be quite exciting for all of us. No more inefficient deep profiles with massive cell openings on dedicated PPG wings.

Richard

PS - Ozone Buzz Z received very good reviews for its flying behaviour, especially the Gleitschirm Magazine test.

Hi

my Ozone Buzz z was a great wing for PG but when i used it for PPG it was a pig... and very slow... 25-30kph

my Ozone Buzz z was a great wing for PG but when i used it for PPG it was a pig... and very slow... 25-30kph

I am not surprised to hear that, the Ozone Buzz is aimed at the new pilot, I have tested several of the entry level wings and found them to be less than ideal, OK for launching and landing, but you won't want to go to far on one. But if you moved up a level to the intermediate paraglider wings you will find them completely different, especially when you have the latest model and it is loaded heavy.

I would imagine the Ozone Rush would be good, I know that the Sky Attis, Airwave Sport and Windtech Zenith all intermediate paraglider wings are very good with power.

I often hear people say that they first starting power flying with a 5- 10 year old design entry level paraglider wing, then switched to a reflex wing and then are full of praise for reflex wings and tell everyone that paraglider wings are no good for power, but they never tried one of the latest intermediate paragliding wings, if the did they would be equally impressed.

Sounds as if your Ozone Buzz Z needed a C/D line stretch. 25-30kph is dangerously slow if that was at trim setting (no brake), if it was properly loaded. It would easily fail an EN test at those speeds. And, slower of course with less weight just paragliding....

ENC test contradicts these figures http://www.para-test.com/images/Test_Re ... zzz-ml.pdf so I guess it was a glider servicing issue in your case.

I once flew a Gradient PG comp wing (Avax RSE with trimmers) in the early 2000's under power and it was awesome in all respects, compared to the PG wing I was flying at the time. Glad the test was done in still air though.

Richard