Helmet (what are you using pro/con) What would you buy?

s1buell_wl

Are you sure about head size ? 39cm would be XXXXS !! :shock::lol:

The Icaro helmets are great, but maybe a slightly loose fit so I wouldn't get the larger size unless you frequently fly with a balaclava.

The Peltor OPII (or NAC with sidetone) headsets are cheaper and pretty much as good as the Microavionics ones as you will probably find you need to back off the throttle with either to have audible conversation.

you will probably find you need to back off the throttle with either to have audible conversation.

Confirms my findings that most radios could do with less microphone gain when used on a paramotor. It was the best mod I did to my radio when I reduced the mic gain, the clarity of reception at the other end was so much better.

Cheers,

Alan

I have the Icaro Scarab with the peltor headset and t's great.. Unlike other helmets you can pivot the com's out of the way. I like this so you can hear the wind when taking off also when i turn the motor off and thermal i pivot them out the way again to hear my Vario... And the Phone always goes just as you clip in so it's easy to answer the phone with out taking your helmet off.

Unless it's the wife asking when your going to be home :wink:

Plus if you get the extra option of the removable lead then when your not flying with radio you can simply unplug it and it's just a helmet no wire's.

Mark

I have the Icaro Scarab with the peltor headset and t's great.. Unlike other helmets you can pivot the com's out of the way. I like this so you can hear the wind when taking off also when i turn the motor off and thermal i pivot them out the way again to hear my Vario... And the Phone always goes just as you clip in so it's easy to answer the phone with out taking your helmet off.

Unless it's the wife asking when your going to be home :wink:

Plus if you get the extra option of the removable lead then when your not flying with radio you can simply unplug it and it's just a helmet no wire's.

Mark

Hi Morgy, which Peltor electronic headset do you have with your scarab as i see they advertise an aeronautical and a 2mt option? I'm no radio boff and have no experince at all with radios but are either one of those two a standard option for paramotoring?

Thanks

Lloyd.