Paramotor Club Party FLY IN. 29th June 08

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All who are coming to the fly in.

I have now got all of the relevant permissions for us to have a nice big fire on Saturday night. :D

I also have a big pile of nice dry wood to make it with.

SW :D

I have a large BBQ ( a proper one that you have to burn stuff with )

The Plan is, that I will be putting the BBQ somewhere and filling it with stuff and burning it.

It will stay lit all night (if dry) so please bring stuff (food) to put on it, and use it as you like :-)

SW :D

I've decided not to predict for fear of putting a curse on it. There. I didn't even mention IT. I do know , from experience of my flyin, a month ago, you have to be there to fly. All had a 20-30 min flight on the Friday evening at dusk Saturday was blowing a gale and Sunday morning was wet. All went home with wet tents and the 2 off us had a most amazing flight later that day. Bank holiday Monday was next day.

I'm coming to meet the people. Flying would be a bonus

Dave

So Dan, how close to the witching hour do you need to be to pass comment about the prospects? Take your point though, until you are packing the tents up, perhaps you shouldn't pass comment on the weather. Enjoy!

Well if I had to put Simons money on it, I'd say Saturday evening looks nice, wind hopefully dropping and skies clearing. This should continue into Sunday morning with the cloud really coming in the afternoon. Francis and Pete would fly all day both days - but as mentioned......

.....you have to be there for a chance of some air !

All, hope the weather is flyable for you all and have a great day Saturday .....bxxxxy working Saturday but will be down early Sunday morning.

Slim, if you have any netting left l may have some off you.

Rob, tried to ring you but no reply, can you bring some fully synthetic oil and also perhaps we can do a deal on a tiny tac.

See you all Sunday

Regards Mike :D

What time is everyone reckoning on pitching up tomorrow? I am (work) flying on Sunday evening so I think it's better I get some sleep in a regular bed rather than camp before a long night flight but plan to stay fairly late on Saturday night.

What time is everyone reckoning on pitching up tomorrow? I am (work) flying on Sunday evening so I think it's better I get some sleep in a regular bed rather than camp before a long night flight but plan to stay fairly late on Saturday night.

Light weight :roll::roll:

Pete b