new motor

seymore

Hi Mark

£4300. It was probably too much , but the alternative was another 2 stroke which would have been no better than what I already have. I believe a new one with this spec would set you back nearly £6000 with the increase in VAT. I have not flow it yet, but there might be a chance tomorrow late afternoon so might get to see all the floods on the Arun from the heavy rain we had over the last couple of nights.

Anyway I am not too worried by the very recent lack of flying as the last couple of days have been warm and windy and was out on the water yesterday and today. Had some pretty good waves left over from a big low which passed over last night. Went out with about twenty other kitesufers at Goring. I have had plenty of flying this winter but was gagging to get back out on the water and get some real exercise. The water is now pretty cold at around 5 degrees, but it was worth it and a lot of fun. There are a couple of more very windy days coming up for the end of the week with a very small chance of a flying day on Tuesday. I might even go to the west country for real wave action.

Have fun in Canada and lets plan some trips this summer.

Hi Seymore

Glad to hear you have been out on the water even tho it is cold. Yah am up for planning some trips this year now that the house is finished well 99% finished just the garden and patio to do!!!! :( I hear you now have a camper van???? I will have some more room in the new motor when it comes in march so will be able to pack all kite and flying gear in without to much trouble.

I am up for some long xc's this year so when i get back we can plan some out together. I know steve and luke are up for some as well.. I still have to go up to Bailey to get my motor when i get back so might not be flying for a week or so after the 20th jan..

£4300 don't sound to bad how many hours are on it?? looks new almost. +active chassis nice. I have seen some old 175cc machines going for 3500/4000...

Take care dude

see you soon

I flew the motor for the first time today. It took a while to get the setup comfortable and the speed bar working. Just did a whole bunch of landing and takeoffs . It has a nice comfortable cruise but I get a bit of an annoying droning resonance from the prop at higher power settings. Do you get the same on your machine Mark? I also find that the weight of the machine takes a little getting used to when flaring to land, as I feel if I pull in too much brake I will topple over backward just as I touch the ground. All in all I,m very happy with the machine.

It was a bit windy for going anywhere very far away so just flew around the area. Took some pics of the river Arun in flood,

573364057e71b_aruninjan2011.jpg.6053f9df

5733640585e54_rotherflood.jpg.80a0448f0f

I also find that the weight of the machine takes a little getting used to when flaring to land, as I feel if I pull in too much brake I will topple over backward just as I touch the ground.

You may find that a few more harness tweaks will solve this one. :-)

SW :D

Hi Seymore

Nice to see you got up on your new motor.... I do get an little drone from ful rev's a dull but not constant drone kinda on and off. I will ask paul bailey if this is normal when i go and pick up my motor. I did also used to get pulled back on flare but since i have adjusted my harness it has stopped. (or i am just used to it) lol i tightened up my shoulder straps to stop the twist on take off i used to get that you went on about.

Plus being a four stroke it's deeper engine so will tend to pull you back a bit. Have you done a hang check????

Cant wait to come back and do some flying!! :)