Towing a banner?

Deano's 'Chasing The Dragon' is the closest I've seen to banner towing. I watched him wind it up afterwards :shock: It's longer than you think.

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Dan

Its 250 metres, Ikn ow because I helped pick Pascys up at the Nats on Saterday

In the Paramotor mag Febuary - March 2010....Page 52 .......there is a piccy of the greenpeace people flying with a banner......

Funnily enough I've just been asked by a friend if I could tow a banner along the coast at Marbella, advertising her Ice Cream shop (as a non-payment favour of course). So, I've just reread this post and noticed that it didn't get very far.

Would appreciate it if anyone has any info or knows how it can be done safely.

I haven't got a copy of Feb - March 2010 Paramotor mag (difficult to get in Spain). Is the picture clear? Can you see how/where the banner attaches?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Poz

I have seen a clip on you tube-" paramotor flying in dubai (national day) " there method seems to be the safest.

I see a clip of a guy running to take off with it attached to his leg, big no no i guess, that catches on something your going over the bars!

Take off first then you ground skim and catch a loop with your foot, the banner must un roll or come out of the bag with no tangles.

If it was me I would want a weak link in it as well just in case.

you need a clear area for take off so that you dont catch the banner on any thing and drop it before landing.

For the Solar Electric Flight last year we used a method similar to what Pete suggests, take off first & then hook the banner with your foot. To make it easier we raised the loop up off the ground using a construction made out of garden canes. Will try & see if I can find the photos.