x country to Shabbington

Hi Oxford bunch,

Now I've got a couple of hours under my belt I feel the urge to do a cross country from Northamton, so when the weather picks up again and your field is in use again it''ll be good if a few of us could fly down and checkout your site if thats ok with you. Hope it's a big field as my landings are still a bit long (have you nailed your spot landings yet Eddie?)

Tim

No problem Tim. It will be good to see you again. It is a very big field so I can't miss it. :D

I will keep you up to date with the field and perhaps we can start a network of sites. Simons new site at Membury is under 30 miles from me.

Perhaps there are others who will join the network!

Where is your site?

Eddie

This network you talk of....

Thats what the idea of the regional clubs came from. The aim was to have enough clubs to be able to 'club hop' to one another.

It's a given that if you have a club on the site that PMC members are welcome, assuming permissions are in place of course.

SW :D

Hi Simon

Looking forward to flyng down to Membury (phoning first, of course) when Shabbington is back open.

Especially now that I can refuel for the return journey :D

Hope to see you soon

Eddie

ps: perhaps we can start putting a map together with PMC available sites and contacts this year and get the events commitee to arrange some x country flights or am I a bit slow and it is already being done?.

Hi Eddie ,

Haven't got anywhere permanent as of yet but there is a airstrip next to Pitsford reservoir that the owner welcomes people to fly in to in return for a small donation towards the air ambulance and to sign the visitors book, just have to watch out for other aircraft though.

Roll on some more flyable weather

Tim

This may well need a little updating but... here is a map of the current Paramotor club locations.

Once we form as a legal not for profit club (a couple of weeks tops) we may well be changing the way we (select) our regional clubs based on agreed standards of operation.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=718

SW :D

• 4 weeks later...

Tim

What do you mean 'when the weathers good'?

We have been flying all this week out of Shabbington, tonight would have been perfect!

Not sure of my plans for this weekend as I have to spend some time with the 'Boss' after being out every evening.

Let me know if you want to fly down tomorrow os Sunday evening and I will sort it out.

Otherwise, I will see you both at the fly-in.

I am hoping to fly in from Shabbington and you are welcome to join me.

See you soon

regards

Eddie