Fusion trimmers

Hi all

This is mainly a reminder for Simon!!! :D but has any one else had there trimmers on there fusion slip during flight??? mine slipps from the take off position to neutra but only on the left hand trimmer... This one is also worn alot more than the other with very minor freying and the lettering is worn more too. But what i dont understand is why one would be more worn than the other????? :?

I have had a few flights in the past week or so as the weather is or was nice and its getting worse. I now have to set the trimmer and then have push it to grip..

:dive:

Hi all

This is mainly a reminder for Simon!!! :D but has any one else had there trimmers on there fusion slip during flight??? mine slipps from the take off position to neutra but only on the left hand trimmer... This one is also worn alot more than the other with very minor freying and the lettering is worn more too. But what i dont understand is why one would be more worn than the other????? :?

I have had a few flights in the past week or so as the weather is or was nice and its getting worse. I now have to set the trimmer and then have push it to grip..

:dive:

does your motor torque steer to the left as this would put more pressure on them than the right side??

Still waiting for a reply mate...

I will g them up with a link to this thread.

As odd as it seems, I DID have this problem for a short while but now it seems to have gone away ??

SW :D

Thanks pete

They also slip when i free fly as well that is when i first noticed it and there is alot less loading on the wing when i fre flight.

Personaly i think they need to change the buckles full stop as it seem that the stronger spring fix on the revos only worked for a few hours then started to slipp again.

My personal idea is....

Its to do with the new printing that people have started using on the trimmers.

I think that my Fusion has now worn enough through the printed stuff to be able to grip again.

I fear that the response will be 'new trimmers'

I am not sure if that's the answer though.

Hi

If your trimmers have worn the lettering away how do you know you have the correct setting on both trimmers???

I would be happy with new trimmers but i dont want it to happen again in 20 hours. I am sure paramania will not keep sending me new trimmers every 20 hours when they start to slipp. I dont mind how it is fixed i just want it to be ok again and i want it to be safe to use the whole trim range on my wing.

Two of my wings have no markings on the trimmers at all. You just visually set them to approximately the same on both sides at whatever amount you want. Some people deliberately set asymetric trim to counter torque though I personally am not a fan of this.

I've noticed the silkscreened vinyl or whatever it is on the newer style markings is easily shredded by even moderate adjustments to the trimmers. I've not a lot of time on the wing and can see the day coming that the coating will be gone.

At present I think the rougher surface is aiding settings to stay where they are set, although I've seen maybe a centimeter difference from where I intended it to stay before. It seems a function of how they're adjusted. Feeding and unloading clamp versus just unloading the clamp to let'em slide (this is where the added cm appeared and yes, not surprising as the teeth settled in).

I've considered a couple/few cross sewn colored nylon threads at specific ranges, but as was said - when it's worn off you've already learned where you want them for takeoff and flight anyway. It would be a fab idea for paramania to include colored threading into the trimmer strap tho as a more resilient but less newbie friendly way to measure at a glance. Green good.

I did see somewhere on their site a place that you can order just the trimmer strap, but can't find it right now.

New springs link

I am sure that the new Trimmer strap would be covered as a freebie.

I have had over 160 hours on the Fusion now, as I say... I don't know why but it has stopped slipping.

I also think it is to do with the coating used. I think I have gone through the very top shiny surface and now it grips well.

I have not seen Pasky online since I posted the link so they may be away.

:-( soz dude. We will get it sorted.

Below is a picture of my trimmers after 160 hours.

IMG_0346.jpg.25782e9ec3063b4b3c1c6eb510c

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry mate, I forgot to say...

I am picking up a couple of sets in France on the 1st. :-) (new ones with different print on. )

I am also told about an awesome new system that will be out and about soon. Not sure if it's a secret so best I don't blurt it out here just yet.

Its a send to Airofix job to swap to the new system...

The trimmer replacement is a DIY job.

I would..... use the NEW type of 'trimmers' now, as planned, and then look into the new 'system' when its out and ready.

Its a send to Airofix job to swap to the new system...

The trimmer replacement is a DIY job.

I would..... use the NEW type of 'trimmers' now, as planned, and then look into the new 'system' when its out and ready.

Do we have to pay airofix (yes) can we sort out a bulk discount??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update,

To the 3 people that I have promised new trimmers to for there Fusion's. I just want to make it clear that I have been asking once a week for the last 2 months for them to be sent. I am not sure why I don't have them yet.

I have asked again today and have two wing orders on hold at the moment until I know what's going on with supply.

I am doing all I can at this end and am sorry for the unreasonable delay for this warranty part.