New Pap Paramotor

garyfreefly

good price, even if you just want to buy the motor, half the price of the polini thor 100.

assume the new pap motor on its own will be on the lines of the thor price?

any one got 1 of these G6 paramotors?

the 185 motor looks the dogs b's

From what I can gather looking around the net they seem to be pretty good, theres a youtube video review of one too.

seems a better deal than some of the other offerings out there.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been looking at paramotors for a couple of months and after far too many headaches and talking to 'experts' :roll: i went for a pap top 80. a got a roadster M to go with it. first flight last weekend. comes up above me smoothly and cleanly, even if laid out messy. take off was simple and only a few steps. conditions were between 7-11mph ground level. cant wait for a good now!

Simon

:dive:

ive been looking at paramotors for a couple of months and after far too many headaches and talking to 'experts' :roll: i went for a pap top 80. a got a roadster M to go with it. first flight last weekend. comes up above me smoothly and cleanly, even if laid out messy. take off was simple and only a few steps. conditions were between 7-11mph ground level. cant wait for a good now!

Simon

:dive:

What do you think of your Pap Top 80? Did you try, or consider, any other makes? Would you recommend the Top 80? Is it heavy?

Dave

What do you think of your Pap Top 80? Did you try, or consider, any other makes? Would you recommend the Top 80? Is it heavy?

Dave

I love pap top 80. a few things swayed me towards it. price, look and feel, proven reliability, low hang points. weight. fuel consumption. seen a few other makes in the flesh and tried an av8er years ago so not much experience with them. but from what i have seen i like the cage of the paps and sup air that make the harnesses have always made great harnesses and equipment for paragliders. i use the medium harness and its really comfy for me. i didn't notice much torque effect but it did turn gently to the left. it didnt try to spin me like the av8er did years ago at least. weight shifting in it feels good, so nice flatter turns if im up thermalling during the summer i suppose. im between 10 and a half stone to 11 normally depending on burger intake. im about 5ft10 and can handle the weight of it no problem. its very easy to run with on my back and doesn't hit the back of my legs when i tilt upwards/backwards for take off. gives me a good climb rate with my wing but not tried it with any other wings so cant compare but its got enough power to scoot me around. it always starts after 1-3 pulls from cold then 1st time every time once warm. its a lovely bit of kit. i want to try it with full reflex as soon as the weather is better. then try the ros 125 and see the difference if any in top speed. obviously the ross has shed loads more power and will do everything quicker but top speed of the glider is top speed of the glider.... right???

As im writing this my new gopro HD hero has turned up so must go play. :)

• 2 months later...

Got my hands on the new Pap Pa125 today... :D ...it sounds like a top 80......super smooth..power delivery and there seems to be a lot of it... :D .there is a few tweeks with the harness..with some bits a bobs added.....and it now looks and feels like a arm chair its the same weight as the ros125......but as its raining and blowing so dont know what it flys like yet... :cry: ..I need just a little flight window to give it a work out.....watch this space :mrgreen:

:acro:

im watching.......Andy from skydragons knows i have an interest in flogging my nearly ros and getting the new one. I was up there a couple of weeks ago but it was fitted with a large harness!!! i need a medium so will have to wait. Let us know how it flies asap gary pls.

• 2 weeks later...

The first time the weather / wind has let me try the new engine was tonight it was only a small window but I grabbed it (2 weeks of 15mph +) first impressions.......a lot less engine noise and its in a different league as far as smoothness is concerned.....I liked the ros but it delivered its power in a sort of abrupt maner....this is just super smooth in power delivery with no delay at all on the throttle ...the chassis feels the same probably because it is :?: when you let it tick over ie when descending...it was a bit to smooth and I had to keep reving it now and then to make sure it was still going.....never had to do that with the ros....I like it

the only big down side tonight was when putting the prop covers on I noticed both propeller tips had damage on them ?????? I know 100% I never caught anything on take off....and the engine was cut at 20ft on landing (and I didnt fall over ) I never have damaged my prop ever :shock: and I didnt fall over I havnt done in years....so I dont quite understand when the damage happened....it doesnt come it seems to close to the cage because Ive had a good look at that....so unless it a faulty prop (carbon) I am at a loss to explain it.....so its out with the resin tommorow and Ive found some sandpaper :?

Great to hear that you finally got airborne and it sounds like it has exceeded your expectations, which is great....as I just took delivery of mine tonight :D:D It's my first paramotor, so I'm moving around it like it's made of egg shell. It's a going to be a bit of a learning curve working out all the bits 'n' bobs I need to know.

Can't wait to get going on it, but I think I'll have an refresher day of tuition as my course was 7 months ago.

Hope you sort out the prop damage mystery :?:

Dan

ps Just weighed it with harness , but no fuel/reserve - 28.6kg Not too bad