home made finger throttle

cobra

Interesting idea.... but when are paramotor manufacturers going to drop the mechanical cable approach and go for a fly-by-wire' system....? Would be much more flexible, compact than a cable system, and could incorporate various systems such as tacho, rev hold governor, etc... perhaps even wireless connection.....?

GD

Interesting idea.... but when are paramotor manufacturers going to drop the mechanical cable approach and go for a fly-by-wire' system....? Would be much more flexible, compact than a cable system, and could incorporate various systems such as tacho, rev hold governor, etc... perhaps even wireless connection.....?

GD

This may not be as all encompassing as you suggest Gordon, but wireless throttle control is already a reality - if not widely available. Check out the following video clip of a test of the "Pi-Wi" controller.

Pete B previously posted this on the Videos of the Week thread, but the revised version now includes English subtitles. Worth watching the whole video for the sync flying, but the relevant Pi-Wi bit is from ~4m30s onwards...

Picture%201.png

Andy

looks cool, and simple too...

do i spy some model aircraft parts mixed in with some pc parts mixed in there??

the linkage control I pinched off my model spitfire aileron control.

the rest was made from old ali boxes chopped up. the switches are from an old tx I had

GD

I thought of flyby wire first, using a servo mounted nr the carb and a 555 ic circuit that sends out timing pulses 1 to 2 millisecond to drive the servo, then I would just have a pot and 3 wires in the controller to operate it. I was a bit worried on vibration etc or a potential for interfeerence and the who thing hits full chat or shuts down on take off etc, if the servo starts to pack up the above could happen.

the total cost was the cable from halfords £4.00

so thought I would stick with this 1 first then look at wire control and poss wireless, this would have to be on the 1.9 to 2.4 gig frequency

looks cool, and simple too...

do i spy some model aircraft parts mixed in with some pc parts mixed in there??

the linkage control I pinched off my model spitfire aileron control.

the rest was made from old ali boxes chopped up. the switches are from an old tx I had

you obviously never had a Mecano set wh :D en you were younger than?