How much for a full set up

lib

Hello folks,

I am trying to work out what to do after my EP course re: training and buying kit and I wanted to know how much I should be looking to spend on a complete set up after training?

Really I want it to be as cheap as possible as I will have to wait until I have saved up for it before I can fly again after completing training.

The cheapest I can see a new complete set up online is the 'black hawk' package. Is this any good?

How much could I expect to spend as a reasonable lower end for a second-hand setup?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello folks,

I am trying to work out what to do after my EP course re: training and buying kit and I wanted to know how much I should be looking to spend on a complete set up after training?

Really I want it to be as cheap as possible as I will have to wait until I have saved up for it before I can fly again after completing training.

The cheapest I can see a new complete set up online is the 'black hawk' package. Is this any good?

How much could I expect to spend as a reasonable lower end for a second-hand setup?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, my advice, for what its worth, is to look for a low hours secondhand motor and wing, yes they can be found, that way you will be getting some reasonably good kit without paying through the nose, paramotors and associated kit loose money like its going out of fashion, look for something with a good reputation, Pap, parajet, H&E etc

try not to get tempted by some of the cheap 20 year old motors that pop up on ebay for a few hundred quid, I would look to spend between £2000 to £3000 for a motor and between £1000 to £2000 for a wing, depending on hours/condition of both.

Good luck

Dave

Paul, Dave's post is bang on regarding where you should be spending your cash. Best place to start is talk to your instructor, see what kit is being used at your school and what spares backup is available. If you see a second hand motor most instructors are cool about giving it a once over for a beer ! Read other peoples training blogs to see where/how they picked up their kit, and avoid those cheap ebay deals on really old kit....