I want to learn to fly paramotor, does any one have information about licences and training especially around east yorkshire (Hull),

Is there a way of trying it before spending all that money to see if i like it,

Plus what are the rules about flying near prisons is there any regulations stopping you,

Plus how long can you stay up in the air for as im a fireman and worried about something called crush injuries which is a build up of toxins when you are left hanging there for long times,

Any help appreciated How much do i need for training and how much for a paraglider.

I want to learn to fly paramotor, does any one have information about licences and training especially around east yorkshire (Hull),

Plus what are the rules about flying near prisons is there any regulations stopping you,

Plus how long can you stay up in the air for as im a fireman and worried about something called crush injuries which is a build up of toxins when you are left hanging there for long times,

Any help appreciated How much do i need for training and how much for a paraglider.

1/ try Paul Haxby he is up north

2/day taster approx £125

3/As long as your fuel lasts with no crush injuries as you are sitting down not hang in a harness

4/Cost depends on who you train with and if you but new kit or second hand

Hi leggettf and welcome to this forum ! You have definitely come to the right place for friendly help and advice.

As a fellow newbie, there are far better qualified folks here to answer all your questions.

But in the absence of a response so far here is my 5cents worth...

Update: Hah, just noticed that PeteB has responded whilst I was searching for some links :lol:

does any one have information about licences
PPG in the UK is (currently) unregulated, so no need for a CAA license.

Having said that it is highly recommended that you get properly trained.

It is a good idea to start by finding a trainer or local club before laying out serious dosh on kit.

Some offer taster days. In my case I went up to see Simon and the gang in action up at Lambourn - which gave me a great idea of what was really involved first hand.

I have added some possible contact details in your area below.

Common sense would say best not to fly right over one. But check out the following recent thread on this subject:

Flying Over A Prison

This is obviously subject to a number of factors such as your weight, equipment, relative wind speed, engine rpm etc. Some folks here are keen XC PPGers, and seem to manage flights of 2 or 3hrs on the current fuel tank limit of 10L. However that rule is to be removed soon, which will extend range at expense of takeoff weight. Always a compromise.

There are some medics on the forum that may be able to answer the toxins question for you.

Having trawled through previous threads, here are two possible contacts who might be able to help in your region:

Paramotor pirates - who are based out of Hull. Their website and Trevors contact details are included in this posting:

If anyone would like to come to our site for the weekend and fly in unrestricted air space we are trying to organise a FLY IN, every one is welcome but please bring your insurance, we are looking to do this the last weekend in July 08, please call me on 07841294593 or email me at trevordrury@hotmail.com

Happy landings Paramotor pirates

http://www.paramotorpirates.com

Paul Haxby - is based out of Doncaster

I have seen Pauls name recommended a number of times here.

His mobile is (07946) 548 292.

Anyway hope that is a helpful start, and I am sure that others will be adding their comments shortly...

Andy

• 1 month later...

i fly near a prison, i have given them my details but sometimes they call the police and i have been asked to land once, i do not fly over it, i just fly near it when i take off and land. there is no rule stopping me flying near the prison apart from the basic rules of not flying near people or structures etc (unless taking off or landing) you may also need to check NOTAMS for your area (see top of screen)

Yo Leggett!

I work for theambulance service in a response car and am currentlyworking on my paramedic degree.

Although I've not flown I've looked at a few bits of kit and you've got no dramas with crush syndrome or compartmental syndrome (the other name for it). You're sitting in a harness with no real pressure on your legs, soyou wouldn'tget the build up of toxins necessary for these conditions. A cushion for your bum if you'rea bean pole like me?!

Hope you get flying soon bro.

Tj