Fitting a larger tank

learner_driver

unless they use a turbo / supercharger I will never own a bailey.

at 127kg I aspire to eat less and that's about it. :roll:

does anyone know where one may buy a polyethylene tank 14 / 12 litre from, you know the shape almost square but oblong really

. when I get home I will take a picture of my hole. so you might see! My predicament! :shock:

Kind Regards

Simon

Si, you may have missed the above point dude...

There is a tank that fits in as a direct replacement. :D Its the 15L Bailey tank..

You dont have to buy the paramotor, just order a tank and bung it in.

The Prop Blanking is an interesting one... I wonder how much of the extra petrol is carried to compensate for the extra prop blanking caused by the extra petrol?

SW :D

Sorry Simon, you misunderstood my posting. I'm not saying the Bailey tank will fit the O/P's motor, largely because I don't know what it is.

I think the tank blanking the airflow is a bit of a red herring myself, as the pilots body and the harness blanks all of the area that the larger tank would occupy anyway. Rather more likely is that it's taking a bit more effort to launch with all the extra juice on board. I suspect that most people flying the 15L tank are probably filling it to the brim to get as long a distance/time flight as possible.

Phil

One of those that have gone back to the 10L for that reason is the current world champ! Although it is in the area behind the pilot it blocks the space that the airflow would have had to 'get itself back together' before going through that part of the prop disc.

the two guys camped next to me at the fly it had fitted 20 litre tanks (i think), said that they bought it cheap and bunged them in! One of them was the guy that landed out with a seized motor and the other was the diver/flying cameraman (sorry im crap with names and met too many people at once!)

this guy-

download/file.php?id=5&mode=view

if you look you can just see the red tank, it was huge!

Hi.

We have fitted 20 ltr tanks to our FB Sportix frames. The tanks were bought on e-bay and I heated mine with an electric paint stripper to shape the handle a bit to make it fit. Its a marine type tank. Fits lovely on its side but reduces the useable area to about 19 litres which is a good 4 hours.

How about this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubbermaid-20-Lit ... 286.c0.m14

or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2xJerry-can-22-7- ... 286.c0.m14

They arnt the one I have but might suit your needs.

I used typical brass and stainless fittings for the fuel connectors. Tank and bits can be purchased from marine type stockists. Then secured mine with 3 x Halfords ties

One thing to watch out for is the hose either side of the primer pump. The seam on the primer pump nipples will suck air through when using normal clear hose so you will notice motor makers have used black rubber hose either side of the fuel primer to stop the leak. Didn't need to change the hose on my FB but only found this out when changing the brittle hose on my H&E, had to get rubber hose to stop the air leak.

Whitters

I will post pics if I can work out how to do it.

thanks buy the way whitters for the offer of a beer and coffee at the fly in, terribly civilized old boy!

Well one must do ones best to look after the normal people you know. :lol:

Just bought one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Silk-Single-S ... 286.c0.m14

to see if it stops / reduces moisture when sleeping inside the wing for the paratrecking. Weather is on the change so need to test it soon.

Whitters. X

Just bought one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Silk-Single-S ... 286.c0.m14

to see if it stops / reduces moisture when sleeping inside the wing for the paratrecking. Weather is on the change so need to test it soon.

Whitters. X

It won't reduce the condensation Whitters, but it will keep you warmer. The only way to get rid of the moisture is by using a permeable wrap around you rather than the wing. As it stands, all your sweat works it's way outwards until it reaches a layer it can't get through, and then condenses. 'Goretex' bivi bag is probably fave.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this whitters, looks great - I am thinking of adding temporary side tanks on the harness arms

please can you point me to the correct search terms for

for the pipe size and brass connectors and any other fittings.

also where can I get any straps from to hold in place, if anyone knows.

many thanks

Simon