Helmets, Radios, Headsets again....

OK,

So, I am going to admit to throwing away my £150 on my toy / BIC disposable helmet & Headset from E-bay. It is nothing less than a pile of poo for a number of good reasons.

1, you cant hear anything (due to poo speakers)

2, other people cant hear you (due to poo mic)

3, The head set has next to no pressure agains your ears (due to poo clips).

4, The visor is brittle and easy to scratch (due to poo 'plastic' used)

I am now saving my pennies for a Micro Avionics Kit and will sit in a corner knowing never to reccomend cheep tat again.

:oops: sorry to the few that went and purchased them as a result of my thread.

SW :D

OK,

So, I am going to admit to throwing away my £150 on my toy / BIC disposable helmet & Headset from E-bay. It is nothing less than a pile of poo for a number of good reasons.

1, you cant hear anything (due to poo speakers)

2, other people cant hear you (due to poo mic)

3, The head set has next to no pressure agains your ears (due to poo clips).

4, The visor is brittle and easy to scratch (due to poo 'plastic' used)

I am now saving my pennies for a Micro Avionics Kit and will sit in a corner knowing never to reccomend cheep tat again.

:oops: sorry to the few that went and purchased them as a result of my thread.

It wasnt made by a company called speedair from ebay named as para-store was it??

I Am too ashamed to say LOL

Yes :oops:

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,I have one too and having the same bleeding problem,been on to the company and they are now sending me one out already tested apparently! Ive been looking at others already(gutted) i just went on there and bought it!! didnt read your reccomendation at the time!I waited ages for the correct lead to arrive then when it did i tried it only to find that i can hear people quite faintly but as soon as they stop talking i get a horrible clanking noise that blows my ear drums apart! Better luck next time (the helmet fits fine just the headset is crap,i also have 3 of them(they sent an extra one by mistake!) and thought atleast one of them should work...IF ONLY :evil: gaz 8)

My Speedair works just fine. Obviously a Monday morning build.
Your joking? what radio do you use,i use as i said above a jingtong with the lead they sent me,i did try another one from maplins after i received the wrong one in the first place and that didnt pick up either,there is one more lead to try but was out of stock,if i can get it working then i'll perhaps stick with it but the last 3 times ive been out and not been able to properly use my own gets abit annoying!

Slim,

It may also be worth a mention that you have changed the speakers and only had one very short flight to test it matey :wink:

It will let you down on a decent XC I bet you. :lol::lol:

Col changed his speakers, mine are the originals. I'm not disagreeing with anyone. Everyone has had their experience and thus far mine has not been that bad.

As possibly the only member of the club with a real amateur radio license I'm using a Kenwood TH-D7 radio. A truly excellent piece of kit but a price tag to match. Now of course I have to mutter dark things about unlicensed people using amateur radio frequencies... :wink:

Stuart

Well I posted a thread a while ago about a system with fantastic sound, no intereference from ignition systems, ZERO wind noise and ZERO engine noise but no one seemed interested! Best of all it costs a fraction of all the other options.

Well after the hassle ive had trying to get my headset to work now it does! A friend on another forum offered to have a look over the wkend which i was very grateful for,he has it working fine and revealed that all 3 headset mics are wired up wrong from factory standard! he has done 1 headset for me to try out when im flying,it worked fine outside his house. The test will tell,hopefully no need to buy new gear after all! gaz 8)

• 4 months later...

Ok guys,

I bought a Speedair Helmet on ebay which looks cool etc etc. The price as usual was the attraction!!!

However, I did not receive any cables and contacting them is a nightmare with numerous promises, nothing came.

I want to purchase a radio and also would need a lead from the helmet to the radio.

My questions are.........where can I purchase a lead and suitable radio?

The lead would need to have a sort of 5pin connection at helmet end?

Does anyone one have suitable recommendations? I want to purchase the best that money can buy!!

Bearing in mind I will be wanting to purchase a pair as the kids would love to chat to me, also they would be useful when I am off-roading etc.

Ok, ok I know someone will say 'ditch the helmet' and start again etc, but I want to stick with it ........if possible?

I have been looking at the ICOM IC E90? I like the idea that its possible to tune into radio and listen to tunes whilst absorbing the views?

Thanks,

Mike

You can have my one chap. I have no need for it. :D

You will then also need to buy an Alinco DJ 195 or similar for about £100 to use it, it has the standard two plug at one end and the mini 5 pin on the other.

• 1 month later...