Flying 10th May

Excellent series of flights yesterday- 3 in total.

Hadn't been out for 3 weeks, mainly due to the recent bad weather and being laid up with the flu for a complete week!

Feeling much better now- especially after almost 3.5hours yesterday- in perfect flying conditions. There was a gentle coastal sea-breeze 5-6mph all day, which eventually went to zero for my last flight of the evening- Landed on the VMC limit (sunset +30mins) with my strobes on- they must have looked impressive from the ground, as everybody was waving!

Got some fantastic pictures also- the new camera is a definite improvement...

2009_05100078.JPG

The Mussenden Temple, near Downhill

2009_05100031.JPG

The Mussenden Temple, near Downhill

2009_05100012.JPG

Downhill Strand

2009_05100099.JPG

Train at level crossing, near Articlave- the camera has captured the sense of speed here- with a gentle blur to the front of the train.

2009_05100123.JPG

The strobes during the flash cycle

Entire album is visible at- http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Pelgis/FL286#

Excellent series of flights yesterday- 3 in total.

Hadn't been out for 3 weeks, mainly due to the recent bad weather and being laid up with the flu for a complete week!

Feeling much better now- especially after almost 3.5hours yesterday- in perfect flying conditions. There was a gentle coastal sea-breeze 5-6mph all day, which eventually went to zero for my last flight of the evening- Landed on the VMC limit (sunset +30mins) with my strobes on- they must have looked impressive from the ground, as everybody was waving!

Got some fantastic pictures also- the new camera is a definite improvement...

2009_05100123.JPG

The strobes during the flash cycle

Wow what great pictures! Good to see you are giving Glasgow Andrew and his stunning highland shots some competition.

This is the first double strobe paramotor I've seen. What a good and simple idea as one must have blind spots. What type are they?

Cheers

Paul

Wow they are crystal clear photos, what camera are you using? Any special lenses?

Just using a Canon G10 compact in fully automatic mode. The originals are 14.7MP so there is great potential for enlargements, posters, etc......

Its a great camera- point and shoot operation, small, lightweight and compact.. can be used single handed... The camera also has several advanced modes, manual modes, etc... for true professionals.... but you wont have time to mess with these features while flying.

GD

Brilliant pics Gordon. You are a great ambassador for PPG with your enthusiasm coming through your postings.

Just thinking your 273hrs postscript is probably a bit out of date now :?::wink:

Cheers,

Alan - in comparison a paltry 28hrs now :lol:

Brilliant pics Gordon. You are a great ambassador for PPG with your enthusiasm coming through your postings.

Just thinking your 273hrs postscript is probably a bit out of date now :?::wink:

Cheers,

Alan - in comparison a paltry 28hrs now :lol:

Indeed Alan.... i've neglected to update this total.... I'm now 305hrs!

It all mounts up, but still proves to be as exciting as my first few flights... We are so lucky to be able to experience the privelige of flight.

GD